"Do not go to the elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes." -JRRTolkien
"Home is behind, the world ahead,
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadows to the edge of night,
Until the stars are all alight.
Then world behind and home ahead,
We'll wander back and home to bed.
Mist and twilight, cloud and shade,
Away shall fade! Away shall fade!" -JRRTolkien
“A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it.” -JRRTolkien
- +2 Dexterity, +1 Intelligence
- Darkvision: See up to 60' as though bright in dim light, or dim in darkness.
- Keen Senses: Proficient in Perception skill.
- Fey Ancestry: Advantage on saving throws against being charmed; immune to sleep
- Trance: Meditate for four hours instead of sleeping
- Languages: Common, Elvish
- Elf Weapon Training: Longsword, short sword, long bow, short bow
- Fey Step: Cast misty step once; regain with long or short rest
- Seasonal Cantrip: Intelligence-based spellcasting of a cantrip. During a long or short rest, may change the cantrip to another.
- Autumn: Peaceful • Amber eyes • friends
- Winter: Melancholy • Silver eyes • chill touch
- Spring: Joyful • Pale green eyes • minor illusion
- Summer: Aggressive • Blue eyes • firebolt
- Inheritance: Gain an item that will slowly awaken in magic over time.
- Arcane Recovery: During a short rest, recover half level in spell slots. Must take a long rest before doing it again.
- Ritual Casting: May cast a wizard spell as a ritual if it has the ritual tag and is in my spellbook.
- Spellcasting Focus: May use arcane focus.
Bladesinger (Arcane Tradition)
- Trained in War and Song: Proficiency with light armor and one one-handed melee weapon of choice • Performance Proficiency
- Bladesong: When not wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield, may use a bonus action to start the bladesong for 1 minute • Ends early if incapacitated, increase armor, or switch to two hands with a weapon • May dismiss at any time (no action required) • May use twice; regain expended uses of it when completing a long or short rest • While bladesong is active, gain the following:
- + Int (+5) bonus to AC
- +10 to Speed
- Advantage on Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks.
- + Int (+5) bonus to Constitution saves to maintain Concentration.
- Extra Attacks: Make two attacks when using the Attack action
Spells Prepared (Lvl + Int): 11/13
- Cantrips (4): fire bolt*, challenger's mark, green-flame blade, message, prestidigitation
- First Level: absorb elements, shield, thundering armor
- Second Level: daggerspell stance, misty step
- Third Level: blade of pain and fear, fly, haste, sending
- Fourth Level: fire shield, wall of fire
- Spells per Day: 1st: 4 • 2nd: 3 • 3rd: 3 • 4th: 2
- Spell Power: Saving Throw DC: 16 (17 w/fire damage) • Spell Attack Mod: +8 (+9 w/fire damage)
- Magic Ability: Intelligence
Spells marked with a cross (+) are rituals.
Alfondir carries the following books with him when traveling:
- Alfondir's Battle Book: A blue-stained oak covered octavo-sized book, usually carried on Alfondir.
- Alfondir's Ritual Book: A plain leather covered octavo-sized book, usually carried on Alfondir.
- Fairy Lord's Grimoire: A spell book recovered from the manor of a minor fairy lord.
- Fairy Manor Spell Folios: A variety of small spell books and folios containing low level spells.
- The FrogTown Spellbook: A spellbook scavenged from a town of terrifying frogfolk and grey kobolds.
Alfondir leaves the following books in his sanctum:
- Alfondir's Original Spellbook: A green-stained leather covered book, in standard quarto size.
- Alfondir's Sanctum Tome: A metal covered tome, in folio size.
- Acrobat: Free. +1 Dexterity • Double proficiency bonus with Acrobatics • As a bonus action, may make a DC 15 Dexterity (Acrobatics) check to ignore the extra movement cost of difficult terrain until end of the current turn.
- Uduma's Favor: +1 Con • Advantage on swimming-based Athletics checks
- Moneys: 47 pp • 5412 gp • 601 sp • 363 cp • 4 gold trade bars (100gp each) • 16 silver bars (10gp each)
- Alchemical Materia: 635 gp
- Boons: Favor from Morgeinese
Traveler's clothes, studded leather armor, belt, backpack, 10 darts (hidden), vial bandolier
- Belt: dagger, Throssglir, 2 pouches
- Pouch 1: 2 potions of healing, 1 campstone
- Pouch 2: 1 alchemist's fire
- Bandolier: 1 potion of healing, 0 potion of greater healing, 1 potion of superior healing, 1 alchemist's fire, 1 sleep gas, 2 holy water
- Backpack: 2 daggers (extra), small bag with 4 campstones, 2 sets of traveler's clothing, healer's kit, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 days rations; (strapped on) bedroll, waterskin, 50' hemp rope
Alchemist's supplies (alchemical formulary, tools, alchemical materia)
- Stored Equipment: Alchemy lab (3 slots)
- Lifestyle: Comfortable (2gp per day • 20 gp per ten-day • 60gp per month)
Attunements (4/4): Throssglir • amulet of proof against detection & location • robe of eyes • ring of protection +2
- Potions of Healing: x3. Heals 2d4+2 per vial.
- Potion of Greater Healing: x1. Heals 4d4+4 per vial.
- Potion of Superior Healing: x0. Heals 8d4+8 per vial.
- Spell Scrolls: mending, detect magic (x2), longstrider, phantasmal killer, fly, Nystul's magic aura
- Throssglir: Elven fineblade +1 (rapier, except inflicts slashing). Attunement
- Weapon of warning: Gain advantage on initiative rolls; cannot be surprised (includes allies within 30') except when incapacitated by something other than sleep; magically awakens self and companions within range if any are sleeping naturally when combat begins.
- Blade Summons: With a bonus action, may summon the blade to hand as long as the blade is on the same plane.
- Legacy of the Aula: Grants the ability to speak, read, and write Tienne. Sometimes interacts with Remnants artifacts in unexpected ways.
- Aula Rune of Light: At will change damage to radiant • +1d8 damage to undead
- Wishes to find her five sisters.
- Flickering Flame Focus: Arcane Focus. +1 to attack with flame spells, +1 DC to resist flame spells
- Periapt of Wound Closure: Stabilize when dying, at beginning of turn. In addition, whenever roll a Hit Die to regain to hit points, double the number of hit points it restores.
- Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location: Attuned. Remain hidden from divination magic and similar effects. Cannot be scryed.
- Robe of Eyes: Attuned. See in all directions, gaining advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks for sight • Darkvision 120 ft • See invisible or ethereal creatures and objects 120 ft • Eyes can't be closed or averted • light or daylight cast within 5 ft of robe can cause blindness (Con DC 11 or 15 to resist)
- Ring of Protection +2: Attuned. +2 bonus to AC and saving throws.
- Magnifying Glass of Identification: Cast identify on items viewed through glass.
- Campstone (5): These small disks of alchemically refined flint are used to start fires quickly. By placing the disk down and placing something flammable atop it, all it takes is striking the item with something made of steel. The alchemy refines the flint’s natural spark-creating trait, causing it to flare a small fire to life, catching whatever is set on it afire immediately. Each stone has ten uses before it shatters.
- Alchemist's fire (2): Ranged Attack. A targeted creature or object struck by the contents of this vial bursts into flame, taking 1d4 fire damage at the start of each turn. A creature may end this damage by using an action to make a DC 10 Dexterity save to extinguish the flames.
- Sleep gas (1): Ranged Area Attack. Creates a cloud of gas in a 10’ radius of the point of impact that lingers for 3 rounds. Creatures within the area must make a DC 13 Constitution save or be a ected by the gas. Creatures affected take the Stunned condition on the turn in which they are affected, and then fall asleep at the end of their next action. For one minute after, only damage or someone taking an action to wake them can rouse them; after that, the sleep is normal, and simple jostling or loud noises can wake them.
Magic Item Formulas
- Daern's Instant Fortress (Rare) • Requires: one of the following:
- a) one of the crystal anchors that Nalu'ae uses to bind it between Isenes and Faerie - they would be somewhere within the deep forest, the region where the boundaries between worlds and time blur and from what Talmarkin has told you, is ruled over by a fae called the River Lord
- b) the "heart" of a roken phase golem, known as "ghosts" - constructs that had been built for infiltration and assassination. With luck, a recently discovered roken fortress might have just this sort of thing.
- c) if Dolgrim and Talmarkin are correct and they do what they theorize - one of the Pylon cores would do
Creating Magic Items
- Daern's Instant Fortress: 2000 gp/2000 gp • 8/10 weeks
- Common (1 week • 50gp • CR 1-3): spell scrolls (cantrip to 1st level, spells from wishlist)
- Uncommon (2 weeks • 200gp • CR 4-8): alchemy jug, bag of holding, boots of elvenkind, cloak of elvenkind, gloves of missile snaring, ring of jumping, spell scroll (2nd to 3rd level, spells from wishlist), wand of magic detection, winged boots
- Rare (10 weeks • 2000gp • CR 9-12): amulet of health, boots of speed, bracers of defense, cloak of the bat, helm of teleportation, heward's handy haversack, ioun stones (awareness, protection), necklace of fireballs, ring of evasion, ring of spell storing, spell scroll (4th to 5th level spells from wishlist), wand of fireballs, wings of flying
- Very Rare (25 weeks • 20,000gp • CR 13-18): crystal ball, helm of brilliance, ioun stone (absorption, insight), ring of regeneration, ring of shooting stars, robe of stars, rod of security, spell scroll (6th to 8th level spells from wishlist)
- Legendary (50 weeks • 100,000gp • CR 19+): crystal ball, ioun stone (greater absorption, mastery, regeneration), ring of elemental command (fire), ring of spell turning, robe of the archmagi, spell scroll (9th level spells from wishlist)
EEPC: Elemental Evil Player's Guide • EGM: Elminster's Guide to Magic
- Cantrips: control flames (EEPC), create item (EGM), create bonfire (EEPC), echoing blow (EGM), elemental burst (EGM), frostwind blade (EGM), mage hand, mending, punishing strike (EGM)
- 1st Level: critical strike (EGM), mage armor, find familiar, frightful strike (EGM), nerveskitter (EGM), Nystul's flash (EGM), sorcerous scribe (EGM), speed of thought (EGM), tearing claws (EGM), weightless pursuit (EGM)
- 2nd Level: Aganazzar's scorcher (EEPG), backbiter (EGM), balancing lorecall (EGM), blastbones (EGM), continual flame, knock, lifetap (EGM), magic mouth, pyrotechnics (EEPG), see invisibility, spider climb, sudden transposition (EGM), wraithstrike (EGM)
- 3rd Level: abolish shadows (EGM), aegis of ensnarement (EGM), aegis of shielding (EGM), counterspell, flame arrows (EEPG), hover (EGM), lightning bolt, mage armor, greater (EGM), protection from normal missiles (EGM), tongues
- 4th Level: delayed magic missile (EGM), dimension door, dragon breath (EGM), elemental bane (EEPG), flight of the dragon (EGM), Leomund's secret chest, Mordenkainen's private sanctum, spell immunity (EGM)
- 5th Level: Bigby's hand, contact other plane, dream, duel ward (EGM), immolation (EEPG), immunity to poison and disease (EGM), indomitability (EGM), ironguard, lesser (EGM), scrying, servant army (EGM), shadow form (EGM), teleportation circle, unexpected clarity (EGM), weaken ability (EGM), xorn movement (EGM)
- 6th Level: arcane gate, aura of terror (EGM), contingency, energy immunity (EGM), gemjump (EGM), guards and wards, hardening (EGM), investiture of flame (EEPG), read object (EGM), sign of sealing, greater (EGM), true seeing
- 7th Level: brilliant blade (EGM), elemental body (EGM), forcecage, inevitability of the grave (EGM), ironguard (EGM), master earth (EGM), Mordenkainen's magnificent mansion, Mordenkainen's sword, plane shift, Simbul's spell sequencer (EGM), stone shape, greater (EGM), synostodweomer (EGM), teleport
- 8th Level: antimagic field, brilliant aura (EGM), demiplane, fire shield, mass (EGM), gateway (EGM). heart of stone (EGM), Prismal's wormhole (EGM), spell engine (EGM)
- 9th Level: absorption (EGM), black blade of disaster (EGM), effulgent epurvation (EGM), foresight, gate, glorious transmutation (EGM), transmute rock to lava (EGM), unbinding (EGM), wish
- Wizard Crossover Spells, for when Alfondir uses his cleric buddy and Rary's mnemonic enhancer to make scrolls for spells on wizard list that he can then add to his spellbooks.
After the Hag (6 tendays)
- Work: 3 weeks @ comfortable, 1 week @ comfortable + 25gp, 1 week @ poor (complication: fight with ink-maker reduces it to squalid)
- Crafting: 2 sleep gas (2 days), alchemist's fire (1 day), 2 smoke bomb (1 day)
After the Orchard Dungeon (6 tendays)
- Work: 1 week @ poor, 3 weeks @ comfortable +25gp, 1 week @ modest, 1 week @ comfortable
- Crafting: none
After the Corrupted Dryad (3 tendays)
- Work: 1 week @ comfortable +25gp
- Research: 2 weeks (Daern's Instant Fortress formula)
After the Murder of Hyacinth (4 tendays)
- Research: 1 week • Result 3 pieces of lore (Daern's Instant Fortress formula)
- Magic Item Construction: Daern's Instant Fortress. 3 weeks, 2000gp
- Cost of Living: Comfortable x4 weeks (80gp) + Poor x4 weeks for Ziki (8gp)
After Defeating Warwick's Gang (4 tenday)
- Magic Item Construction: Daern's Instant Fortress. 4 week.