Harper Cache Checks
Each cell has a cache assigned to them. The Harper superiors over them take steps to place items within that cache for the group's use, although the contents of the cache can change from time to time. The consumable items and coin in a cache are expected to be used up, but permanent magic items are to be taken on a "in the immediate term" basis, and expected to be returned to the cache when the Harper is done with them. Exactly how long is reasonable is left to the Harper's discretion, but should a cell gain the reputation of hoarding the faction's resources, they may find the contents of their caches drop off sharply until the cell comes to appreciate the system again. Cache contents are changed monthly.
Cache Checks: The cache check is a simple d20 check, with a bonus equal to the cell's Connections rank.
- None: Unfortunately, emergencies elsewhere or allocation of resources meant there is none to spare for the cell.
- Common: It is the barest of resources, but is something. 2d20 gold pieces, 1d4 potions of healing
- Uncommon: 2d20+20 gold pieces, 1d4+1 potions of healing, 50% chance of 1d4 other Common magic items, 25% chance of an Uncommon magic item
- Rare: 3d20+50 gold pieces, 1d4 potions of greater healing, 50% chance of 1d4 Uncommon magic items, 25% chance of a Rare magic item
- Very Rare: 50 x 1d6 gold pieces, 1d4+1 potions of greater healing, 70% chance of 1d4 Uncommon magic items, 50% chance of a Rare magic item, 20% chance of a Very Rare magic item.
- Epic: 100 x 1d10 gold pieces, 1d4 potions of superior healing, 1d6 Uncommon magic items, 70% chance of 1d4 Rare magic items, 50% chance of 1d3 Very Rare magic items.
- Legendary: 250 x 1d10 gold pieces, 1d4+1 potions of superior healing, 1d6 Uncommon magic items, 1d4 Rare magic items, 70% chance of 1d3 Very Rare magic items, 25% chance of a Legendary item.
Typical Magic Items
- Common: spell scrolls (1st level spell of choice)
- Uncommon: amulet of proof against detection and location, bag of holding, brooch of shielding, cloak of protection, gloves of thievery, hat of disguise, instrument of the bard (Doss lute, Fochlucan bandore, Mac-Fuirmidh cittern), lantern of revealing, mithril armor, pearl of power, 1d4 potions (animal friendship, fire breath, resistance, water breathing), rope of climbing, shield +1, spell scroll (2nd or 3rd level), wand of magic detection, wand of web, weapon +1
- Rare: armor +1, bead of force, boots of speed, bracers of defense, cloak of the bat, elven chain, figurine of wondrous power (bronze griffon, golden lions, onyx dog, serpentine owl), flame tongue sword, helm of teleportation, instrument of the bard (Canaith mandolin, Cli lyre), ioun stone (awareness, protection, sustenance), 1d4 potions (fire giant strength, heroism, invulnerability, superior healing), ring of evasion, ring of feather falling, ring of spell storing, spell scroll (4th or 5th level), staff of healing, staff of the woodlands, sun blade, wand of enemy detection, weapon +2.
- Very Rare: animated shield, belt of fire giant strength, carpet of flying, figuring of wondrous power (obsidian steed), frost brand, instrument of the bard (Anstruth harp), ioun stone (absorption, insight, leadership), 1d4 potions (flying, cloud giant strength, invisibility, speed, supreme healing), ring of regeneration, ring of telekinesis, robe of stars, scimitar of speed, spell scroll (6th - 8th level), staff of fire, staff of frost, staff of thunder and lightning, wand of polymorph, weapon +3
- Legendary: armor +3, belt of cloud giant strength, cloak of invisibility, defender, hammer of thunderbolts, instrument of the bard (Ollamh harp), ioun stone (greater absorption, regeneration), ring of invisibility, ring of spell turning, rod of resurrection, spell scroll (9th level), vorpal sword