Harper Cell Ally Influence
Each ally has one or more capabilities. These are "slots" the define the kind of aid that ally can bring to bear on behalf of the Harpers.
- Individuals: Individuals have only a single capability, although cells may "merge" individual slots to reflect the aid of individuals capable of lending more than one kind of help.
- Organizations: Organizations have three capabilities. The capabilities of individuals may also be "merged" into those of an organization, but cells cannot merge the capabilities of multiple organization slots.
Types of Influence
These are the kinds of influence a cell ally can bring to bear in favor of the cell.
- DC: 12 (double total operatives gained for every full +5 above this DC)
The ally provides armed operatives who can aid the Harpers in their efforts. The operatives that show up are 1d4+4 CR 1/8 operatives, 1d4+2 CR 1/4 to 1/2 operatives, 1d4 CR 1 to 2 operatives, or a single CR 3 operative. Each "type" of operative counts as one capability by that ally.
- DC: Basic info (DC 10) • Specialized info (DC 12) • Internal Info (DC 14) • Sensitive Info (DC 16) • Leadership info (DC 18) • Secrets (DC 20+)
The ally can provide information pursuant to their own interests. The DC for this test is based on how sensitive the information is.
- DC: Gather in a tenday (DC 12) • Gather in three days (DC 14) • Gather in one day (DC 16) • Gather in six hours (DC 18) • Gather in one hour (DC 20)
The ally can provide a decent team of workers of some kind who are focused around a single Skill or tool proficiency. These could be lookouts, healers, researchers, craftsmen, or laborers; the specifics will depend on the exact nature of the ally. Generally, this assistance either provides the group with the performance of an additional action at a +4 bonus, or their Aid grants Harper cell members advantage on checks with that skill. Each different Skill counts as one capability by that ally. The DC of this test is based on how quickly the ally can gather this aid.
- DC: Daily task (DC 12) • Occasional task (DC 16) • Rare task (DC 20)
The ally can provide a means of navigating a bureaucracy of some sort: legal, courtly, guild-based, criminal, or other organization. They are able to quickly arrange for a group they are affiliated with to do something it normally does, and to do so quickly and on behalf of the Harper cell. The DC of this test is the frequency with which the organization does this kind of thing in its day-to-day operations.
- DC: Available in a tenday (DC 12) • Available in three days (DC 14) • Available in one day (DC 16) • Available in six hours (DC 18) • Available in one hour (DC 20)
The ally can provide access to a useful or specialized resource outside the normal means of the Harper cell. Research libraries, magical sites, training grounds, or unique materials for crafting all count for this purpose. The DC for this test is based on how quickly the Harpers need access to that resource.