Difference between revisions of "Horizon"
|Line 129:||Line 129:|
Revision as of 12:32, 30 June 2020
Expertise (Military): 2 Expertise (Science): 4 Stealth: 6 Technology: 2
Powers: Spatial Manipulation
35 pts (30 pt power + 5 pts Alternate Effect)
Horizon's innate power is the generation of wormhole effects. He is somehow capable of manipulating spacetime in such a way as to generate "bridges" between two non-contiguous places. Though he has learned some very finite control over this power, it seems to operate subconsciously.
He has mastered a number of tricks using this power, but some still remain outside of his reach. He has also not figured out how to avoid the disorientation caused to living creatures that pass through the spatial rifts he creates (he himself is immune to the effect, fortunately).
This power is built as an Array of Alternate Effects.
24 pts + 5 pts (Neurasthenia)
Horizon's primary power seems to be the ability to rip holes in the fabric of spacetime to allow rapid passage from one place to another. Although neurologically disruptive to most creatures (see Neurasthenia, below) it provides a rapid means of travel.
- Wormhole: 8 ranks • Teleport • Standard Action, Range (250 miles), Instant, 3 pts per rank • Easy Extended Only, Linked (Neurasthenia), Portal • Drawback (Neurasthenia), Distracting, Increased Action
24 pts + 5 pts (Neurasthenia)
Horizon has also learned to emit a field of disruptive "spatial static" around him, sending out waves of space-warping energy that causes damage in an area around him. Fortunately, he has learned to control exactly whom this targets in that area - everyone else simply experiences the odd sensation of these waves of distrupted spacetime flowing over and past them.
- Integrity Disruption: 8 ranks • Damage (Area) • Standard Action, Area (30' radius, Selective), Instant, 3 pts per rank • Area, Selective, Linked (Neurasthenia)
With this ability, Horizon can shift space around himself or an ally, preventing an attack from striking them.
- Warp Space: 8 ranks • Deflect • Standard Action, Ranged (200'•400'•800'), Instant, 3 pts per rank • Reflect, Redirect
Horizon's mastery of spacetime's fabric allows him to quickly teleport himself around an area with a much reduced range than the use of his wormholes. Of course, he can only move himself with Locational Shift.
- Locational Shift: 8 ranks • Teleport • Move Action, Range (1 mile), Instant, 3 pts per rank +2 flat • Accurate, Change Velocity, Turnabout
When living creatures pass through Horizon's spatial rifts, the experience seems to overwhelm the neurological integrity of the creature involved. Though it does no lasting harm, it can cause disorientation, sudden exhaustion, vertigo and even unconsciousness. This power is added to those powers it is linked to, and its cost is considered in the cost of those powers already.
- Neurasthenia: 4 ranks • Affliction (Fortitude; Dazed > Stunned > Incapacitated) • Standard Action, Close, 1 pts per 2 ranks +1 flat • Indirect, Linked (Integrity Disruption, Wormhole)
- Motivation: Acceptance: Horizon feels different and isolated. He gains a Hero Point when he makes decisions based on trying to become accepted, even if those decisions aren't the wisest in the moment.
- Hunted: Horizon is hunted by unknown forces. They show up most often outside of Manhattan, so he tends to remain there. He gains a Hero Point when hunters show up, or when being hunted makes his life more difficult.
- Amnesia: Horizon doesn't remember much of his history before settling into the ruins of Manhattan. He gains a Hero Point when details from his past come up and trip him up.
- Social Awkwardness: Horizon is awkward and alienated in the company of others. He gains a Hero Point when his reticence and awkwardness causes him difficulties.
Horizon is an amnesiac, and has wandered Manhattan for a number of years. No one is really sure how long he's been around exactly, although the consensus seems to be that he is probably older than he looks. By and large, he has avoided people, mostly being sighted in areas that are too abandoned to live in safely, or in areas that are too difficult to access in ways other than his teleportation.