Raal was discovered and taken in by the Jedi when he was barely a toddler. His father had agreed to hand him over to the order in his mothers absence. When she returned to find her son gone, she was furious and traveled to the Jedi order to demand the return of her son, which the had refused.
Raal grew up among the other younglings of Clan Heliost. While he has little memory of Kashyyyk, Raal does maintain a sort of impression of it and a deep rooted love for the wilderness and all the flora and fauna therein, and he is often covered in the dirt and in the company of wild critters to show for it.
From the time of his first steps to the present, Raal has been ruled by his sense of wonder and excitement. He is ever eager, upbeat and cheerful about the things around him that he finds interesting, often failing to take a moment to consider his actions as he blunders forward into situations, urged by unbridled curiosity and enthusiasm. Many of his teachers have reprimanded him for not paying attention or for failing to heed warnings, as he is easily distracted and/or prone to daydreams.
During his trials, Raal performed best with his lightsaber, performing the forms and stances with a meditative grace. He repeated the Jedi Code and explained what each meant his interpretations satisfactory, though he had barely managed to pass the test of discipline, his mind so prone to wandering. But he DID pass, and was chosen by Master Sseresk to become his padawan. There was some hesitation to approve this paring at first based on the cultural enmity of their races (Master Sseresk is a trandoshan), but upon both being interviewed, it was approved - both Master Sseresk and Raal had been raised among the Jedi, and neither bore the animosity for the others species - in truth, Master Sseresk though that it would be a boon for the two of them to be seen working so closely together given the nature of the racism bored into the minds of their respective peoples.
Raal and Master Sseresk share a wonder for the galaxy, for the lives and places in it and for the Force connecting everything in it. This was what had caught Master Sseresk's attention when he had first met the young wookiee. But he knew that he would need to teach Raal how to reign it in and control it when necessary - the padawan lacked focus and that precise discipline that he would need to master in order to become a great Jedi.
Weapons & Gear
- Encumbrance Threshold: 10 (5 + Brawn + Belt)
- Current Encumbrance: x
- Standard Lightsaber: 2/5 HP • Dam 6 • Crit 2 • Breach 1, Sunder
- Attachments: Green Ilum Crystal (Vicious +1 [0/2] • Damage +1 [0/4] • Crit -1 [0/1])
Reduce the Encumbrance of worn garments by 3.
- Basic Padawan's Uniform: Def 0 • Soak 1 • Enc 1 • HP 0 The padawn's uniform is a basic tunic and breeches, in brown and dun coloration.
- Padawan Training Garb: Def 0 • Soak 2 • Enc 4/6 • HP 0 The standard padawan uniform is a heavy-duty padded armor, and bulky arm and leg armor. They train strength, especially when worn with inserted weights on arms, legs, and chest (Encumbrance 6). Young padawans are often expected to wear the bulky suits constantly for their first year or so.
- Concealing Robes: Def 0 • Soak 1 • Enc 1 • HP 0 A deep hooded, flowing over-robe that hides the identity of the wearer, inflicting a to those attempting to identify or notice the wearer. These can be worn over the padawan's uniform or the training garb.
Jedi Utility Belt
This utility belt is standard issue for all Jedi. It is a wide belt with a clip for a lightsaber on the left side, a variety of precise containers for the standard issue equipment (noted below), and a variety of small but secure pouches along the back of it. It increases a Jedi's Encumbrance threshold by 1.
- A99 Aquata Breather: Enc 0 A small device that uses tiny tanks of supercompressed oxygen and built-in filtrations to allow the user to breathe in harsh environments, including underwater, in space, and in noxious gas.
- Jedi Beacon Transceiver: Enc 0 A small encoded subspace receiver beacon with a display screen and communications transceiver. It can receive broadcasts from the Jedi Beacon in the Temple on Coruscant, or from other Jedi Beacon Transceivers. A Jedi can quickly transmit an Emergency Code Nine-Thirteen, to any beacon transceiver in range, calling for immediate assistance.
- Lightsaber Maintenance Kit: Enc 2 A small multitool for electronics work. It qualifies as a tool kit for the purpose of making Mechanics tests, and grants an automatic to all rolls to repair or build lightsabers.
- SoroSuub Corporation Hush-98 Personal Comlink: Enc 0 A handheld communications device that allows vocal transmission and reception. It is equipped with variable frequencies, encoding, a locator, silence projectors that create a field of white noise around the user (allowing for private conversations) and can also be used to transmit complex data by connecting it to other devices. Those assigned to Jedi are set up to access the secure frequencies used by the Jedi Order, and to transmit using the encrypted protocols used by the Order (which are updated every time one of these comlinks is brought near a Jedi cruiser or similar ship). They have a range of 100 km, though all Jedi cruisers and larger ships have significant boosters to expand that range tenfold, and many planets with a strong Jedi presence have satellites in orbit that provide orbital and planetary range for the little devices.
- SoroSuub Corporation Imagecaster Holoprojector: Enc 0 A small circular holoprojector with small arms that can be used to stand it on level surfaces. It holds up to 100 minutes of holo recordings, and can be used to play or record holo recording, though it cannot be send or receive images. It can, however, be connected to other transmission devices (including the Hush-98) to do so. These are usually loaded with holomaps of destinations where Jedi are being sent on mission.
- Stimpacks (2): Enc 0 Simple injectors with several doses of a medical cocktail that includes stimulants, anti-inflammatories, coagulants, and similar ingredients. Each use of one (which takes a Maneuver) heals 5 wounds, minus one wound per additional stimpack the user has already injected that day.
- Survival Rations: Enc 0 Capsules with super-charged nutrient compounds. Each utility belt carries 30 capsules.
- Other Equipment: Packet of ruik root, kitty treats
Holocron: Tirth Akara
- Skills: Survival, Vigilance. You are considered to have both of these Skills as Career Skills for the entire time you are actively engaged in study of this holocron.
- Powers: Farsight, Seek. You may reduce the cost to purchase the Basic ability of one of these Powers by 5 XP. You may gain this benefit for the purchase of only one of the Powers.
- Special: Unknown • Holocron XP Spent: 20/60
- Unlocked Talents (0/3): x
- Unlocked Skills (0/1): x
- Unlocked Secrets (0/1): x
- History: Tirth Akara was a master during the pre-Sith Wars era of the Old Republic. His task was unique among the Jedi, and he was lauded for his success in it: he accompanied colonists, scientists, and similar folk to dangerous environments, and kept them alive long enough to establish toeholds or otherwise let them do their work. He ended his career training members of the Academy of Jedi Archaeology.
- Personality: Plucked from his Togruta kin well into childhood, Master Tirth Akara always maintained a hunter's demeanor and a somewhat savage approach. His mentality is somewhat primal, though very intelligent and cunning.
- Rumors: It is said that Master Tirth Akara only teaches those with an interest in the past, and offers to his favored students some of the lore he retained as a master in the Academy of Jedi Archaeology.
Contribution Level 1 Reward
A collaboration between Raal's master Sseresk and the University of Sanbra professor xxx, Raal has been given space in the Sanbra labs with which to build his own menagerie space. Currently, it has living space for his nexu Archive, though there is plenty of space for other animals as well - Sseresk has seen the writing on the wall, and knows it's only a matter of time before Raal adds to his menagerie.
Raal also has access to the University of Sanbra's xenobiological archives and their in-house menagerie for study.
Racial Experience: 90 XP Middle Morality: 10 XP
- Specialization (Shii-Cho): 20 XP
- +1 Lightsaber: 5 XP
- +1 Lightsaber: 10 XP
- +1 Athletics: 5 XP
- +1 Brawn: 40 XP
- Pathfinder Talent (Grit): 5 XP
- Shii-Cho Talent (Toughened): 5 XP
- Pathfinder Talent (Keen Eyed): 10 XP
- Pathfinder Talent (Animal Empathy): 15 XP
- Pathfinder Talent (Animal Bond): 15 XP
- Pathfinder Talent (Force Rating): 20 XP
- Enhance Basic Power: 5 XP (10-5xp discount from holo)
- Control I: 5 XP
- Control II: 5 XP
- Control III: 10 XP
- Saberlight 3: 15 XP
- Discipline 1: 5 XP (10-5xp proficient via holo)
- Pathfinder Talent (Mental Bond): 20 XP
- Knowledge Xenology 2: 10 XP
- Survival 3: 15 XP
- Farseer Basic Power: 5 XP
A skilled huntsman and outdoorsman, Sseresk is a Jedi knight regarded for his abilities. He sees the same potential in you, but also chose you for his padawan for another reason: he believes the ancient enmity between the Trandoshan and Wookiee peoples should end, and he hopes that your relationship will help to show your respective peoples that it can do just that.