Shattered Covenant Timeline
From OakthorneWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Year of the Scarlet Witch (1491 DR)
- Campaign Begins
Kythorn 1491 DR
- 24th: Raining (heavy rain)
- Arrive in Daggerdale
- Head out to Anteos Manor
- Track hobgoblins to lakeside ruin
- 25th: Heat wave (hot)
- Ventured with freed refugees to Gillian's Hill, stopped to eat and rest.
- Continued on - after two hours found a bulette carcass
- Arrived in Daggerford @ 3pm (roughly)
- Checked into inns, looked around for tasks, bounty board, Zhentarim and Harper meetings (including getting hobgoblin head to Harpers)
- 26th: Clear (windy)
- Messenger from Duchess for group; (very dismissive) audience with her
- Task from wizard Delfin re: Floshin Estate, and owl-message for Pyrvaris from druidess Brevanne.
- Gather other tasks and then set out toward Blackbranch, via Stillwater.
- Encounter goblins chasing refugees, stop them, and take refugees to Stillwater.
- In Stillwater, discover giant sightings, and offer to scout. Head west of town and after a few hours find a ravine with a camp of ogres and four hill giants. Return to Stillwater with news.
- Set out to scout east of Stillwater along river, and discover a fording spot used by giants.
- Lose giant tracks, but stumble on a slaving camp. Attack, slaying slaving hobgoblins and goblins, and free refugees.
- Take refugees to nearby Twilight House, a temple to Selûne. Rest there for the night.
- 27th: Clear (windy)
- Wake at the Twilight House, which has agreed to take in refugees. Capture a hobgoblin named Urruth
- Investigate trail of giants, go to Stillwater, hear about giant attacks, speak with Saer Isteval, head into forest, find dryad, accept mission to go to heal folk at werebear den, get them healing, fight off ogres
- 28th: Clear
- Climb up through den to top of ridge, head for Blackwood manor, encounter giant but get into the gate, speak with Blackwoods
- Move to attack hill giant. Lady Blackwood insists on sending six guards with them.
- Continue on to Mud Creek, and discover them cleaning up after the attack. Uncover the reeve's efforts to buy up more of the village using the tragedy to leverage folk to sell. Most of group helps clean up and rescue those trapped in tunnels while Quel returns to Lady Blackwood to tell her what is going on.
- That night, Graneg and two Thayan gnolls find the PCs and attack them. They are a beast-master (CR 1), his giant hyena (CR 1), and two gnolls (CR 1/2) with strange tattoos across their faces that begin to glow when they are bloodied, and who reanimate as gnoll zombies on their death.
- 29th: Clear (windy)
- Wake in Mud Creek. Remain here to continue excavating folks trapped in tunnels.
- Take barge from Mud Creek down the Delimbyr and arrive in Daggerford.
- They quickly take care of business and then depart in the late afternoon.
- Arrive in ruins of Enfield only to find goblins and a bugbear looting the place.
- Settle into a farmhouse that night.
- 30th: Clear
- Attacked during the night in the farmhouse by trolls.
- Head out the next day, and clear out a ghoul nest in ruins of Newfield.
- Arrive at Floshin Estate, and discover it is under attack by bandits. Saer Darfin Floshin has gone somewhere (they do not say where) and taken half the household guard with him, and bandits have attacked them subsequently.
- Two-Key contacts the wizard Delfin and informs him of the situation. The wizard promises to be there tomorrow morning.
- Bandits sneak into the estate, rushing in to attack. They discover they found their way in using a secret passage. They capture several of them and find out the location of their encampment.
- Mother Arcri contacts Two-Key via sending; she needs the PCs to head to Nightstone to investigate. She was supposed to have heard from a Darburl agent there, but their message is late, and that worries her.
Flamerule 1491 DR
- 1st: Clear
- Delfin arrives and accompanies the heroes to the bandit encampment; he scouts it using arcane eye, but finds they have abandoned it overnight.
- The heroes depart from there toward Nightstone.
- Ahkeron and his sister Ahmera born and handed off to House Husteem to get to Ahmadar. They won't say how they came to have the babes. Ahmadar, not sure what to do with the little ones, ships them off to his mother, the Dowager Thane of Glaerune Hall.
- Mount Hotenow erupts, burying Neverwinter in lava. Pyrvaris is born later that year to members of Clan Trueforger who'd been in Neverwinter when it happened.
- Quel Melarn is born on his mother's ship, the Jagged Star.
- Quel is left ashore to be looked after by relatives in the port of Waterdeep.
- Scalefist is born in a small enclave of dragonborn in the Rauvin Mountains.
- The old dragon Klauth snatches up Scalefist in the middle of the year when he attacks the enclave and scoops up a caravan wagon that young Jarvin had fallen asleep in.
- Klauth, or "Uncle Snarl" as Scalefist calls him now, deposits Scalefist in Sundabar and orders the dwarves to return him to his home.
- Akheron meets Pyrvaris while he is visiting Gauntlgrym with Whorbi, developing a crush on the young dwarven genasi noble.
- Quel is invited to learn bardic and martial lore on Lord Darburl's riverboat, The Grande Dame.
- Quel accepts a contract with the Rime Coils, a Zhentarim mercenary corps.
- Later that year, he leaves Lord Darburl's service to become a traveling entertainer and blade for hire after Darburl voices disapproval with Quel's association with the Black Network.
- Scalefist is forced to watch his friend Syrial have her head torn off her body by a number of silver Dragonborn as a lesson for disobeying their orders to clear the snow from their homes.
- A number of silver Dragonborn are discovered dead with their eyes plucked out and placed into a glass of water during the summer. Scalefist is discovered to be missing shortly thereafter.
- Old Kickel, leader of the Underside Bugbears gang in Longsaddle, discovers a sick, emaciated Scalefist trying to rough up his intel person for coin. After beating the snot out of him and kicking him in the head until unconscious, he drags the boy back to his hideout to recover and to train as an enforcer due to the raw talent he saw in the fight.
- Shortly after helping the Underside Bugbears (a gang) break into a sorcerer's tower, where he stole a strange ring that affected him oddly, Scalefist got into an argument with members of his gang, and fell into a strange frenzy. When he returned to his senses, Vanela - the girlfriend of his friend Heidi - was dead by his hand. He is forced to flee for his life.
- Scalefist and Quel were assigned the task of leading some Zhent mercenaries to take the Calling Horns coaching inn along the Evermoor Way from the Harpers. They succeeded, but Quel killed his first man there, and the experience shook him badly. Scalefist witnessed this.
- Quel, having taken the odd job here and there for the Darburl in his travels throughout the North, is approached by Mother Acri to become a regular on their roster. He accepts with the understanding that they are not exclusive.
- Twokey and Quel were rivals within the Darburl, each competing for similar jobs and holding the other's technique in contempt. They were put on a task for Aunt Synestra of Waterdeep, in which both of their skills came in handy, and they learned to appreciate one another for those skills.
- Twokey goes to Daggerford for some task, and meets the newly-arrived Scalefist. When a crime occurs, Scalefist is blamed for it, but Twokey realizes he is innocent and sets out to investigate what really happens. He finds that the brother of the Duchess, Maldewyn Daggerford, is responsible, ending with him being run out of town.
- A trio of Darburl (Quel, Scalefist, Twokey) and two dwarves from Gauntlgrym (Akheron, Pyrvaris) cross paths hunting for a bandit troubling the trade routes into Gauntlgrym.
- They band together to hunt him down, though he gets away and disappears.
- During that hunt, Twokey constantly drops mocking names for the bandit as they hunt for him. He has yet to have his revenge for the mockery.
- After a Trueforger mine collapse kills miners, the Trueforgers find it impossible to find more workers, even though they sharpen up their safety.
- Remembering his interactions with the Darburl, Pyrvaris contacts the mob and asks for their help. They provide miners, with one requirement: he come and do work for them occasionally.
- On a Darburl task outside Daggerford with Ahkeron, Pyrvaris accidentally sets a part of the Blackbranch Woods ablaze, causing a lot of damage.
- This infuriates the druid Brevanne, who considers herself the protector of Blackbranch, and leads to some difficulties between Brevanne and Mother Arcri. Among both local druids and the Darburl, Pyrvaris is known as the one responsible for that fire.
- During the fire, Akheron is trapped by some of the flames, and injured. He survives, however, and awakens with a strange glyph over his heart. He also strangely awakens with knowledge of how to smith.
- As a Zhent, Quel worked with some Stag Lord bandits hired by the Zhentarim. Later, he saw some of those same people working for Mother Arcri in Daggerford, and brought it to her attention. This led to the recent Purge of Daggerford's Darburl, which he certainly did not intend.