The Red Wizard, Scarlet Sorcerer, Scarlet Summoner, Starry Visitor
Sirrion, the Sorcerer in Scarlet, is a mysterious figure robed entirely in red, including mask, showing only a pair of glowing eyes in the shadows of their face. Some associate Sirrion with Idolon, although there is no evidence of a connection between them. Sirrion is associated with the starry heavens and with the star system known as Sirius in modern history. He is known as “the Starry Visitor,” perhaps indicating he was a wizard or entity from another planet or universe. The ancient Atlanteans built Temples in his name. Modern wizards call on Sirrion for spells of summoning, protection, and binding, amongst others.
Scarlet Shades of Sirrion
This spell summons “vermillion darkness,” a deep, red-tinted mist, blanketing a given area and block- ing all sight. Some versions of the spell add other senses to the effect, particularly mental or mystical senses, making the Scarlet Shades even more difficult to penetrate.
- Concealment (Visual) • 12 points + 4 points per +1 area rank • Standard Action, Ranged, Sustained • Area (Cloud), Attack, Increased Range 1 (Ranged)
Shining Shackles of Sirrion
This working, also known as the Scarlet Shackles or Bonds of Sirrion, are glowing red metal chains or crimson bands of energy that trap their target.
- Affliction • 2 points per rank • Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Will; Hindered + Impaired > Disabled + Immobile • Standard Action, Ranged, Instant • Extra Condition, Increased Range 1 (Ranged) • Limited Degree
Shining Shield of Sirrion
This spell summons up a glowing red aura or a disk-shaped shield of crimson force able to deflect attacks.
- Protection • 2 points per rank • No Action, Personal, Sustained • Impervious, Sustained • FLAWS
Scintillating Sun of Sirrion
One of the three "Shining Suns of Sirrion," this spell summons the Scintillating Sun, which blinds and dazzles the vision of those who see its light.
- Affliction • 2 points per rank • Resisted/Overcome by Fortitude; Impaired > Disabled > Unaware • Standard Action, Close, Instant • Area (Perception: Sight), Cumulative • Limited to Vision
Searing Sun of Sirrion
One of the three "Shining Suns of Sirrion," this spell summons the Searing Sun, whose rays burn those upon whose flesh its light falls.
- Damage (Light) • 2 points per rank • Standard Action, Close, Instant • Area (Perception: Sight)
Sorcerous Sun of Sirrion
One of the three "Shining Suns of Sirrion," this spell summons the Sorcerous Sun, which undoes lesser magics and sorceries within its sublime illumination.
- Nullify (Magic) • 2 points per rank • Standard Action, Close, Instant • Area (Perception: Sight), Broad (Magic) • Reduced Range 1
Shining Suns of Sirrion
A truly devastating magical working, this spell summons all three of the Shining Suns at once. Apply the effects of each of the Scintillating, Searing, and Sorcerous Suns. A sorcerer must know all three individual spells before taking this one.
- Total Cost: 6 points per rank • Adds Linked (Scintillating, Searing, Sorcerous) to all three spells
Somnambulant Spell of Sirrion
This spell creates thin, pinkish mist, rising up from the ground or pouring forth from the caster’s limbs, putting targets into a deep sleep.
- Affliction • 3 points per rank • Resisted/Overcome by Will; Dazed > Stunned > Asleep • Standard Action, Close, Instant • Area (Cloud), Cumulative
Star Demons of Sirrion
This spell conjures up one or more bat-winged beings formed of deep reddish shadow with burning red eyes that obey their summoner’s commands.
- Summon • 18 points + 12 points per doubling number summoned • Standard, Close, Sustained • Controlled