From OakthorneWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Each sorcerer focuses on a type of magic: the otherworldly source that the sorcerer draws up on for their magics. These will come as a "package" of spells, Modifiers, Complications, and Advantages.
- Sorcerers use invocations, which are explicitly a basic power with a specific list of Alternate Effects that can be gained as part of mastery of that invocation. The exact invocations available will depend on the magical type the sorcerer practices.
- Confer with the Narrator to determine what kind of magician you wish to start as, and to generate a set of invocations appropriate to that concept.
- All sorcerers also have the Sorcerer Complication:
- Sorcerer (Complication): In order to use your magics, you must be able to speak and gesture. If you cannot do both of these, you cannot use your Sorcerous Arcana. (You may still have other magical abilities that you can use, however.)
|The Iosan Sibyl|
Oracle on the Run
Many sorcerers know the magics of Ios, whose eyes see all. But Ios invests a single earthly sorcerer at a time with her greatest gifts: the power of visions of startling truth and clarity. A step above mere divinations, these visions reveal a greater web of interconnections that only the Sibyl can decipher. Of course, such power means that unlike oracles of old, the modern Iosan Sibyl does not have the luxury of retiring to a sanctum.
Instead, she is relentlessly pursued by those who would take advantage of her visions and insights, if they could just get her into their grasp. And so the Sibyl remains on the run, one step ahead of those who pursue her. She does not seek sanctuary with even the gentlest and kindest of esoteric folk for two reasons: first, because any who offer her shelter risk attracting the ire of those who desire her power, but also because she has seen that even the best of folk would eventually fall to the temptation to mis-use her abilities.
Proprietress of the Dvaravat