SW Lightsaber Attachments
Sources: AoRCore (Age of Rebellion Core Book) • CaM (Cyphers and Masks) • DA (Desperate Allies) • DC (Dangerous Covenants) • DoH (Disciples of Harmony) • EoECore (Edge of Empire Core Book) • EtU (Enter the Unknown) • EV (Endless Vigil) • FaDCore (Force and Destiny Core Rulebook) • FC (Fly Casual) • FH (Far Horizons) • FiB (Forged in Battle) • FLT (Friends Like These) • FO (Fully Operational) • KtP (Keeping the Peace) • LbE (Lead by Example) • LoNH (Lords of Nal Hutta) • ND (No Disintegrations) • NoP (Nexus of Power) • SaS (Ships and Speeders) • SM (Special Modifications) • SoF (Suns of Fortune) • SoR (Strongholds of Resistance) • SoT (Stay on Target) • SS (Savage Spirits)
- Each Attachment has a Hardpoint rating. Installing that attachment takes up that many Hardpoints on the lightsaber hilt it is installed in. There is no roll to install attachments.
- Adegan Focus: A series of focusing lenses wrought of adegan crystals, a type of kyber crystal too weak to be made into the heart of a lightsaber, but that can be crafted to focus the blade of a lightsaber.
- Bifurcating Cyclical-Ignition Pulse: A combination of insulating and switching power array technology, this attachment allows a lightsaber to be ignited while underwater without shorting out the lightsaber.
- Curved Hilt: A graceful curve to the hilt that causes it to fit into hand securely, granting better extension and natural flow. Favored by practitioners of Makashi.
- Cyclic Crystal Array: Internal array system that allows a wielder to switch between lightsaber crystals as a Maneuver. It holds two such crystals, but can hold with a Modification.
- Damping Emitter: A non-lethal modification that allows a Jedi to change the damage of his lightsaber to Stun.
- Dual-Phase Modification: A modification that allows the weilder of a lightsaber to change the length of the blade as an Incidental, allowing him to ignore the Melee Defense of a given opponent for a single strike. This can only be used once per encounter on any given opponent.
- Extended Hilt: A longer hilt that grants additional leverage, increasing a lightsaber's striking and cutting power.
- Force Attuned Resonator: A device that requires the wielder have a Force Rating in order to ingite the lightsaber, with Modifications that increase the wielder's ability to foresee where the target is going to be.
- Overcharged Power Cell: A retrofit of the near perfect power system within the lightsaber at causes the blade to become more potent at the cost of instability.
- Pistol Hilt: Hilt is enhanced with the ability to fire its plasma as a short ranged attack, using Ranged Light (Dam 6, Crit 3, Short Range, Stun Damage). Requires a maneuver to switch modes between blaster and lightsaber.
- Pulsating Emitter: An emitter causes the blade of a lightsaber to shiver and pulse, rendering its strike more volatile and violent.
- Reactive Power Cell: The socket into which the lightsaber's energy cell is placed is adjusted so that the magnetic field that retains a lightsaber's plasma reacts violently to anything that inhibits its motion, causing its strikes to be more ferocious. Unfortunately, they are also more prone to draining the energy cell. If the wielder rolls or while wielding it, it may cause the power supply to fail, necessitating a Maneuver to replace it.
- Reflex Grip: By incorporating a series of sensors and motors, the blade responds much faster to slight changes in grip, increasing reaction time.
- Refocusing Lens: A series of lenses that allow precise manipulation of the width, consistency, and resonating frequency of the lightsaber blade, augmenting control by the wielder.
- Shien Reverse Grip: Adjusts the Hilt to more effectively use the variant grip of Form V.
- Shunted Insulator: A series of energy insulators that allow the lightsaber blade to safely ground out energy strikes to it more efficiently.
- Superior Hilt: The hilt has been finely wrought, balanced to perfection for the wielder's grip, and given a variety of artisan's touches to its craftsmanship.
- Each Attachment also has a set of Modifications that can be made to the Attachment, improving the way it works. This is a Hard () Intelligence (Mechanics) check, at a cost of 100 credits.
- This Difficulty is reduced by 2 if the lightsaber bears the crystal to which the Jedi is primarily attuned.
- This Difficulty is upgraded by one per Modification already installed in that Attachment.
- Some Modifications can be added to an Attachment more than once - these are marked with parenthetical notes that indicate how many times it can be added (x3 for three times, for example).