To keep every cog and wheel is the first precaution of intelligent tinkering. - Aldo Leopold
When I was a kid I always wanted to be a mad scientist. I don't know...a regular scientist just was no fun. - Tim Burton
- Ability Score Increase Your Intelligence score increases by 2.
- Darkvision Accustomed to life underground, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet o f you as if it w ere bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
- Gnome Cunning You have advantage on all Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma saving throws against magic.
- Languages You can speak, read, and write Common, Regional Common (Lantanese), Gnomish (Gnim), and Undercommon.
- Ability Score Increase Your Dexterity score increases by 1.
- Superior Darkvision Your darkvision has a radius of 120 feet.
- Stone Camouflage You have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks to hide in rocky terrain.
- Magical Tinkering: At 1st level, you learn how to invest a spark of magic in objects that would otherwise be mundane. To use this ability, you must have thieves’ tools, tinker’s tools, or other artisan’s tools in hand. You then touch a Tiny nonmagical object as an action and give it one of the following magical properties of your choice:
- The object sheds bright light in a 5-foot radius and dim light for an additional 5 feet.
- Whenever tapped by a creature, the object emits a recorded message that can be heard up to 10 feet away. You utter the message when you bestow this property on the object, and the recording can be no more than 6 seconds long.
- The object continuously emits your choice of an odor or a nonverbal sound (wind, waves,chirping, or the like). The chosen phenomenon is perceivable up to 10 feet away.
- A static visual effect appears on one of the object’s surfaces. This effect can be a picture, up to 25 words of text, lines and shapes, or a mixture of these elements, as you like.
- The chosen property lasts indefinitely. As an action, you can touch the object and end the property early.
- You can give the magic of this feature to multiple objects, touching one object each time you use the feature, and a single object can bear only one of the properties at a time. The maximum number of objects you can affect with the feature at one time is equal to your Intelligence modifier (minimum of one object). If you try to exceed your maximum, the oldest property immediately ends, and then the new property applies.
- Infuse Item: At 2nd level, you gain the ability to imbue mundane items with certain magical infusions. The magic items you create with this feature are effectively prototypes of permanent items.
- Infusions Known: (3)
- Replicate Magic Item: Bag of Holding
- Enhanced Wand
- Repeating Shot
- Infusions Known: (3)
- Tool Expertise Starting at 3rd level, your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses your proficiency with a tool.
- Tools of the Trade
- Proficiencies You gain proficiency with smith’s tools and woodcarver’s tools, assuming you don’t already have them.
- In addition, you gain the ability to use rods, staffs, and wands as spellcasting focuses for your artificer spells.
- Crafting If you craft a magic item in the wand category, it takes you a quarter of the normal time, and it costs you half as much of the usual gold.
- Artillerist Spells
- 3rd shield, thunderwave
- 5th scorching ray, shatter
- 9th fireball, wind wall
- 13th ice storm, wall of fire
- 17th cone of cold, wall of force
- Arcane Turret
- Skill Proficiencies: Survival & History
- Tool Proficiencies: Dice set
- Languages: Alzhedo
- Prerequisite: Gnome (deep gnome)
- You have inherited the innate spell casting ability of your ancestors. This ability allows you to cast nondetection on yourself at will, without needing a material component. You can also cast each of the following spells once with this ability: blindness/deafness, blur, and disguise self. You regain the ability to cast these spells when you finish a long rest. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
- Coins: 0 cp • 0 sp • 0 ep • 0 gp • 0 pp • Other coins: none
- Gems: Yes please!
- Not yet
- In Hand: Serpent
- Worn: Rags?
Serpent: Ball • Shot. A handgun-sized firearm. 250 gp 1d10 piercing 3 lb. Ballistic (30/90), handgun, light, misfire (1)
Ammunition: Ball ammunition is a single lead slug which inflicts the listed damage against a single target. Shot ammunition is a weight of lead pellets, which adds the Blast property to the weapon's attack.
Critical Hits: Criticals with firearms are incredibly devastating, inflicting triple rather than double the dice in damage.
New Properties: The following are new Properties for firearms:
- Ballistic: The weapon uses ammunition to fire, and must be loaded with ammunition to fire with that barrel; reloading a barrel of a gun takes an action or a bonus action. The first number in parentheses lists the maximum normal range for firing the firearm; the second is the maximum long range distance. Attacks made within long range suffer disadvantage on the attack.
- Blast: When making an attack with this weapon, you may make the attack at advantage if it is within normal range. If it is within long range, you may instead designate a secondary target within 5 feet of the primary target, and apply your attack and damage roll to both. You must choose both targets before rolling to hit. Attacks with this property do not apply your ability modifier to damage unless the modifier is negative, and they are not subtle or precise enough to qualify Sneak Attack or similar effects.
- Handgun: A small gun easily wielded in close combat; a firearm with this property does not suffer disadvantage for its use when a hostile creature is within 5 feet.
- Misfire (x): If your attack roll before modifiers results in the number listed in the parentheses of this Property, the barrel of the weapon becomes fouled, rendering it inoperable until it is cleaned and recharged, taking fifteen minutes and the use of tinker's tools. Weapons with the Misfire property also become fouled if the weapon is submerged while loaded. If a weapon misfires while you have disadvantage, and both dice are within the misfire range, the weapon explodes, inflicting its damage on all creatures within 5 feet of the weapon, and destroying it.
- Refi Breesys Xabi Prilla Tana Oda Fnipper Ku Nackle
- Refi Nackle the Fnipper, for pesky humans
- My Lantanese gnomish cousin, an artificer who taught me about my grandmother's pistol and the ways of the Artificer. She prefers the path of the Archivist but was more than happy to help me start my path of study.