Gangs of Waterdeep
A Dungeons & Dragons Next Campaign in the Forgotten Realms
Year of the Bow (DR 1354)
You are part of a criminal enterprise (call it a gang, call it a mob). Until recently, you were based out of Yartar, a small walled city of about 6000. Through troubles, trials, and tribulations, you became allies (and possibly even friends) during your time in Yartar, allying with one another to take total control over the criminal underworld in the small city of Yartar.
But after a while? It just wasn't enough.
Any other gang would have simply milked it for what it was worth, until someone betrayed someone else, etc etc. But not your crew. Instead of resting on their laurels, you've turned your sights toward a new and lovely target, a challenge worth your mettle.
According to one of your number - a sorcerer with a background among the noble families of Waterdeep - it is impossible to form large criminal enterprises in the City of Splendors. Many have tried, and all have failed.
But those losers? They're not you.
- Roy, strongheart hin rogue & master chef; played by Chillos (Calendar)
- Randis the Deathsinger, Half-Elf Cleric of Shar, soft trader, dirgest, and Spirit of Vengeance; played by Kurt. (Chronicler)
- Tyrannus Adarbrent, Storm Sorcerer & Waterdhavian Noble; played by Shawn (Loot)
- Ruithondor Birlond, Half-Elf Monk & ex-pirate; played by Ryan (Chronicler)
- Phila Sandro, Embittered Veteran Scout; played by Chris
- Vincent 'Ace' Greystone, Mastermind Rogue & drug smuggler; played by Dan (DJ)
- House Rules: Alternate mechanics for the campaign
- Timeline: Campaign timeline
- Downtime: Campaign Downtimes
- Treasury: Group Treasure
- Factions: Campaign Factions
- Investigation of Gangs: Information to seek when discovering gang info.
- Rumors: Rumors the PCs hear about.
- Downtime Actions: Different kinds of Downtime Actions
- Blackcoats: The gang of thugs and ruffians, known for their black coats.
- Six Hands: A gang of dock hands and smugglers, who control most of the city's docks.
- House Adarbrent: A house of wanderers and travelers, with interests in shipping, navigation, cartography, and exploration.
The Streets of Waterdeep
Common Folk of Waterdeep
Language & Writing
- Forgotten Realms Languages: A comprehensive examination of the languages of Faerun.
- Languages in the North: The most commonly spoken languages in the Savage North.
- Everyday Writings in the Realms: A look at the tools of the scrivener: parchment and ink.
- Daily Dwarf Common in the Realms: A look at some of the Dwarven slang that has entered the Common tongue.
- Drugs of the Realms: A look at the narcotics of the Realms.
- Time of Day in the Realms: How Faerunians divide up the hours of the day.