The Gate of Gods
Theme Song: Run to the Water, Live
"Your training with us is at an end. You have sufficient understanding of the Mysteries to see you on your way; you have the basis from which true enlightenment and communion with the Supernal Realms can grow. It is time that you founded a cabal of your own - formed your own unique bond with one another, outside of the auspices of this cabal which has trained you - and discover what Fate has in store for you."
"To that end, we'd like to give you a little gift. In the town of Astoria, on the Oregon coast, there is an old hotel. It was built in the 1880s, as near as we can tell, according to certain occult principles. We don't know who built it, or why. We do, however, know that the rooftop garden is the site of a potent Hallow, the most powerful one in the area, and it deserves to be protected by those who can defend it, and explore its connections to the Supernal Realms."
"Time is of the essence. You must pack your things and leave immediately. Some strange things have been going on here in Portland, and we fear the worst. We're not sure what is coming, but there are whispers of...certain things. The Hierarch of course has someone working on the issue, but there is danger on the horizon - danger against which even potent mages cannot be assured of their survival."
"For your protection, we are laying a geas on each of you to not return to Portland - for any reason - until 2011. We've set up living arrangements for you in Astoria, and we have people working on getting you solid ownership of the Hotel Regina there. It may take a little while. The place is protected by potent wards, which can only really be bypassed by mages who own the place - who literally walk through its doors with the deed in hand. It's going to take a while, but you should go there anyway, and set yourselves up in town."
"We hope we're just being superstitious old women, jumping at shadows and hearing whispered threats where there are none. With all of you safely in Astoria, we can focus our concentration on things here. We hope that it's nothing. But we'll know by Midwinter."
The process of gaining ownership of the Hotel Regina, a long-abandoned luxury hotel of the Thirties, has been far more arduous than expected. Ophelia Rosetti, a lawyer once in the employ of the Magnum Opus and a Sleepwalker capable of perceiving the workings of magic without risking Paradox, has been your biggest ally in this endeavor, but even her skills haven't been enough to quite acquire control over the hotel. She claims that she's close, however.
As your mentors feared, though, something happened in Portland. You simply lost all contact with your mentors, both mundane and magical. It is simply as though they disappeared without a trace - not even divinations reveal whether they are yet alive or dead.
But you have other things to worry about, now. Something is happening in the town of Astoria - something magical. The prescient among you have seen something strange on the horizon: the black places between the stars seem to stare down at this place, and only you stand between that gaze and whatever it intends.
Will you be strong enough?
The Gate of Gods is a Mage: the Awakening chronicle intended for up to five players. Characters will be beginning Mage characters.
The Fivefold Vigil, a cabal based out of Astoria, OR.
- Issa, (Mastigos Guardians of the Veil) played by Chillos (ST Characters)
- Serafina, (Thyrsus Guardians of the Veil) played by A.J. (Locations)
- Autumn, (Moros Mysterium) played by Link (DJ)
- Malachite, (Obrimos Apostate) played by Mandy (Chronicle Timeline)
- Rasayana, (Acanthus Free Council) played by Keith (General Assistance)
- Astoria Ley Lines & Places of Power, now showing all the Ley Lines, Loci and Hallows in Astoria. NEW
- Old Town Astoria Shadow and New Town Astoria Shadow (incomplete), detailing the general environment and denizens of Old and New Towns' Shadow. NEW
- Columbia Consilium Declaration of Consilium, taken from the Journal of Gamayun.
- ST Characters
- Chronicle Timeline
- Mage School
- Gate of Gods Character Questionnaire: Filling out the Mandatory Questions is part of character creation.
- Gate of Gods Character Sheet, a compilation of all PC Traits to give an idea of what sort of Traits PCs are interested in using (and thus what sort of things they want to do in stories).
Mage Society Info
- The Orders, write-ups of the various Orders.
- The Bodhisattva Mandate, the Seers Tetrarchy of the Pacific Northwest.
- Second Journal of Gamayun and the Crossroads Codex, secured from the Flavel House Museum.
- Book of Agony and Iron Codex, given to Malachite by Mathers.
- Journal of Gamayun, given to the cabal by Mitchell.
- Fivefold Vigil Tokens: Teleport items for cabal (Magic Shield, Potency 3; Teleport, Potency 6; Mana capacity 12)
- Panic Buttons: Acceleration items for cabal (Acceleration, Potency 5; Superlative Luck, Potency 5; Mana capacity 12)
- Evacuation Tokens: Teleport items for Ophelia and Tanya (Teleport, Potency 6; Mana capacity 11)
- Guard My Heart Tokens: Blessing necklaces for Danny and Samantha (Blessing, Potency 10)
- Regina Security Glasses: Eyes of the Building glasses for Issa (Eyes of the Building, Potency X)
- Ghost-Healing Stone: Transfer Anchor item for Autumn (Transfer Anchor, Potency X)
- Hatchet of Spirit Wrecking: Destroy Spirit item for Serafina (Supernal Dispellation, Potency 7; Destroy Spirit, Potency 7; X, Potency 7)
Victorian Houses for Rent
Rules Changes & Additions
- Fighting Style: Celestial Fencing: A fencing style inspired by the astrological themes of the seven planets that builds on Fighting Style: Fencing from World of Darkness: Armory. By Oakthorne
- Grimoire Merits: A collection of new Merits for taking advantage of Grimoires. By Oakthorne
- Magical Tradition Revised: A take on the Magical Tradition Merit, from the Mage: the Awakening sourcebook of the same name. By Oakthorne
- Mentor Revised: A new take on the Mentor Merit, which grants additional XP based on roleplayed scenes of being trained, or for downtime training. By Oakthorne
- Order Merits: New Merits specifically for members of the Orders. By Oakthorne
- Taoist Fighting Styles: Merits for those who master the martial arts to aid them in channeling their chi. By Oakthorne
- Miscellaneous Merits: Currently posted: Supernal Tolerance (Mages). By Oakthorne
- Natural Healing: An alternate take on natural healing in the World of Darkness Storytelling System.
- Mind Magic and Social Buffs: Bringing the Mind spells that augment Mental and Social abilities more into scale with other spells.
Former Player Characters (earlier iteration of Chronicle)
- Summer Phoenix, played by Priscilla
- Winter, played by Eddy
- The Helots of Persephone, the characters' mentor-cabal. Based out of Portland.
Mage the Awakening - Spells Cheatsheet Scribd document. Has rote dice pools plus resistance.