SW PC Morality
Morality is a trait used by Force-wielders to determine where their experiences cause them to fall on the spectrum between the Dark and the Light Sides. Morality as a game trait is made up of three aspects: a number representing placement on that spectrum, at least one Emotional Strength, and at least one Emotional Weakness.
The Morality Scale
- The scale of Morality is a number between 1 and 100.
- Player characters begin with a Morality of 50.
- The Dark Side Threshold: Morality 29. When a character's Morality drops to 29 or lower, he has become a Dark Side Force-wielder.
- Force Points: A Dark Side wielder generates Force Points using Dark Side results. The character may still spend a Destiny Point and take one Strain per Light Side result to generate Force Points from Light Side results on Force Dice.
- Destiny Pool: At the beginning of a game session, for each character in a group that is aligned with the Dark Side, flip one Light Side result to the Dark Side.
- Thresholds: At Morality 19, a Dark Side Force-wielder's Strain Threshold is decreased by 1, and his Wound Threshold increased by 1. At Morality 9, they are decreased and increased by another 1 point each.
- Redemption: A character remains a Dark Side user even if his Morality rises above 30 again. In order to achieve redemption, the character must achieve the Light Side Paragon Threshold, and go through mystical/spiritual trials to achieve redemption.
- The Light Side Paragon Threshold: Morality 71. When a character's Morality rises to 71 or higher, he becomes a Light Side Paragon if he is already aligned with the Light Side, or achieves the possibility of Redemption if he is Dark Side aligned.
- Destiny Pool: At the beginning of a game session, for each character in a group that is a Light Side Paragon, add one Light Side Destiny Point to the pool.
- Thresholds: At Morality 81, increase a Force-wielder's Strain Threshold by 1. At Morality 91, it is increased by another point.