|Race: Mountain Dwarf, Class: Ranger (Gloom Stalker)|
Background: Folk Hero, Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Factions: Black Shield 3
|Strength 14(21) (+2/+5), Dexterity 14 (+2), Constitution 16 (+3);|
Intelligence 10 (-), Wisdom 14 (+2), Charisma 8 (-1)
Saving Throws: Strength & Dexterity
Skills: Animal Handling (WIS), Insight (WIS), Perception (WIS), Stealth (DEX), Survival (WIS)
Tools: Mason's Tools, Smith's Tools, Vehicle (Land)
Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elvish
Armor: Light, Medium, Shields
Weapons: Simple, Martial
|Con +2, Str +2, Darkvision 90ft, Dwarven Resilience, Dwarven Combat Training, Stonecunning, Dwarven Armor Training, Favored Enemy (Humanoids), Natural Explorer, Fighting Style: Two Weapon Fighting, Spellcasting (Wisdom), Primeval Awareness, Gloom Stalker Magic, Dread Ambusher, Umbral Sight
|Attacks: • Battleaxe of Warning: +8, 1d8+5, Slashing |
• Warhammer: +8, 1d8+5, Bludgeoning
• Heavy Crossbow: +5, 1d10+2, Piercing, Ammunition (range 100/400), heavy, loading, two-handed
Armor Class: 18, Initiative: +2/+4, Speed: 25 ft
Hit Points: 59, Hit Dice: 5d10
|Personality Traits: I judge people by their actions, not their words.|
Ideals: Sincerity. There’s no good in pretending to be something I’m not.
Bonds: I protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Flaws: I have trouble trusting in those not of the Black Shield.
I will not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer,
The little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
- The Litany Against Fear
Alaric's long winded backstory can be found here.
- Ability Score Increase Con +2
- Age 117
- Size 4' 6" 245# Your size is Medium.
- Speed 25 feet.
- Darkvision You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
- Dwarven Resilience You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage.
- Dwarven Combat Training You have proficiency with the battleaxe, handaxe, throwing hammer, and warhammer.
- Tool Proficiency Smith’s tools
- Stonecunning Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, you are considered proficient in the History skill and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.
- Languages You can speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish.
- Ability Score Increase Str +2.
- Dwarven Armor Training You have proficiency with light and medium armor.
- Favored Enemy - Humanoids
- +2 bonus to damage rolls with weapon attacks
- Advantage on Survival checks to track favored enemy, as well as Int checks to recall information about them
- Natural Explorer
- Ignore difficult terrain
- Have Advantage on initiative rolls
- On first turn of combat, you have advantage on attack rolls against creatures that have not yet acted.
- When Traveling for an hour or more:
- Difficult terrain doesn't slow your group's travel
- Your group cannot become lost except by magical means
- If engaged in another activity while traveling (Foraging, navigating, or tracking), you remain alert to danger
- If traveling alone you can move stealthily at a normal pace
- When you forage, you find twice as much food
- While tracking other creatures you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area
- Two-Weapon Fighting
- When you engage in two-weapon fighting, you can add your ability modifier to the damage of the second attack
- Primeval Awareness
- Innate ability to communicate with beasts. Learn it's emotional state, effected by magic, short-term needs, actions you can take to persuade it not to attack. Cannot be used on a creature you have attacked within the last 10 minutes
- Determine if your favored enemy is nearby. 1 uninterrupted minute of concentration reveals if favored enemy is present within 5 miles, which favored enemy, their number, and general direction and distance from you in miles. You gain this information for all groups within range.
- Gloom Stalker Magic
- Starting at 3rd level, you learn an additional spell when you reach certain levels in this class, as shown in the Gloom Stalker Spells table. The spell counts as a ranger spell for you, but it doesn’t count against the number of ranger spells you know.
- Gloom Stalker Spells
- 3rd disguise self
- 5th rope trick
- 9th fear
- 13th greater invisibility
- 17th seeming
- Dread Ambusher
- At 3rd level, you master the art of the ambush. You can give yourself a bonus to your initiative rolls equal to your Wisdom modifier.
- At the start of your first turn of each combat , your walking speed increases by 10 feet , which lasts until the end of that turn. If you take the Attack action on that turn, you can make one additional weapon attack as part of that action. If that attack hits, the target takes an extra ld8 damage of the weapon’s damage type.
- Umbral Sight
- At 3rd level, you gain darkvision out to a range of 60 feet. If you already have darkvision from your race , its range increases by 30 feet.
- You are also adept at evading creatures that rely on darkvision. While in darkness, you are invisible to any creature that relies on darkvision to see you in that darkness.
- Skill Proficiencies Animal Handling, Survival
- Tool Proficiencies Mason's tools, vehicles (land)
- Underdark Experience: You are no casual visitor to the Underdark, but instead have spent considerable time there learning its ways. You are familiar with the various races, civilizations, and settlements of the Underdark, as well as its major routes for travel. If you fail an Intelligence check to recall some piece of Underdark lore, you know a source you can consult for the answer unless the DM rules that the lore is unknown.
Feats & Spellcasting
- Dual Wielder
- You master fighting with two weapons, gaining the following benefits:
- You gain a +1 bonus to AC while you are wielding a separate melee weapon in each hand.
- You can use two-weapon fighting even when the one-handed melee weapons you are wielding aren’t light.
- You can draw or stow two one-handed weapons when you would normally be able to draw or stow only one.
Spell save DC: 13
Spell attack modifier: +5
Spells Known/Spell Slots
1st Level: Absorb Elements (S), Disguise Self¹ (V,S), Hunter's Mark <V>
2nd Level: Breathsense (V), Kelpstrand (V,S,M), Rope Trick¹ (V,S,M)
¹Denotes Gloom Stalker bonus spells
- Coins: x cp • x sp • x ep • x gp • x pp • Other coins: x
- Gems: x
- Orb of Time (Wondrous item, common)
- While holding this orb, you can use an action to determine whether it is morning, afternoon , evening, or nighttime outside. This property functions only on the Material Plane.
- Mithril Half Plate of the Black Shield (Requires attunement) (Armor, Uncommon, +2 Common) Dìon dubh
- This is Alaric's Gatemail, presented to him upon reaching the rank of Shieldbearer of the Black Shield.
- Mithril Half Plate (AC 15 + Dex max of 2)
- Mithral is a light, flexible metal. A mithral chain shirt or breastplate can be worn under normal clothes. If the armor normally imposes disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks or has a Strength requirement, the mithral version of the armor doesn't.
- Key - When worn by the attuned owner the armor grants access through the Deep Gates
- Language - The wearer of this armor can speak and understand Under-common
- Unbreakable - The item can't be broken. Special means must be used to destroy it.
- Battleaxe of Warning (Weapon, uncommon, requires attunement) Dùnadh dorcha
- This magic weapon warns you of danger. While the weapon is on your person, you have advantage on initiative rolls. In addition, you and any of your companions within 30 feet of you can't be surprised, except when incapacitated by something other than nonmagical sleep. The weapon magically awakens you and your companions within range if any of you are sleeping naturally when combat begins.
- Belt of Hill Giant Strength (Wonderous item, Rare, +1 Common) (Requires attunement)
- While wearing this belt, your Strength score changes to 21. If your Strength is already equal to or greater than the belt's score, the item has no effect on you.
- The item whispers warnings to its bearer, granting a +2 bonus to initiative if the bearer isn't incapacitated.
- In Hand: Battleaxe of Warning (Dùnadh dorcha), Warhammer
- Worn: Mithril Half Plate of the Black Shied (Dìon dubh), Belt of Hill Giant Strength, Heavy Crossbow
- Belt: x
- Backpack: Orb of Time
- Modest: (1 gp/day). Alaric lives in the barracks of the Black Shield. As long as he lives in the barracks he does not have to pay for lifestyle upkeep.
Black Shield - Alaric is a Shieldbearer in the Black Shield, with all privileges and responsibilities of that rank.
|Battleaxe of Warning
||Ammunition, heavy, loading, two-handed
- The Great Clans 2
- The Great Clans may have lost most of their political power, but they maintain many of the military orders in the Vale. Being a member of the Black Shield, we owe our continued patronage to the Great Clans. Tradition is important and some things are best not forgotten. I fear the Guilds do not understand the importance of the work we do, they are not warriors and cannot understand properly the battles we fight to keep them safe.
- The Grinnir 1
- Not all threats from the dark live under stone and mountain, the deep forests have their fair share of troubles as well. At times the Grinnir will pull at the souls of individuals who suit it's needs, very few from under the mountain respond, but once in a rare while the call is answered. It matters not to me if the threat comes from wood or stone, forest or mountain, where there is a need for me to hunt a dread predator I will answer. I am aware of the dangers of consorting with the Grinnir but death finds us all in the end anyway. It is what we do with the life we have that matters.
- The Slumbering Inferno 1
- Many are the roads in the Underdark, some of them lead to the dark races and their creatures, others still lead to places of ancient evil. The Slumbering Inferno lies at the end of a couple of those paths, and we will not let it waken to wreck it's havoc on the Vale.
Error creating thumbnail: File missing
|Pàdair Bronzemask - Fellow Black Shield ranger. My first real friend in the Black Shield and eventually my lover.
Error creating thumbnail: File missing
|Catrìona Darkwarden - My m'ma, a miner.
||Ciaran Darkwarden - My da, also a miner.
Error creating thumbnail: File missing
|Mòrag Darkwarden - My older sis, a Phoenix Souled Sorceress who has found a more exciting life outside of the mines.