D&D Next Feats
Prerequisite: Wizard levels • Blackstaff Tower Faction (Rank 3+)
You have trained as an apprentice of Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun. His skill in magic is regarded Realms-wide, and many well-known mages learned their Art at his tower in the city of Waterdeep.
- You gain proficiency in one of the following skills: Arcana, History or Religion.
- You may "store" a spell you can prepare as a wizard into a staff focus you own; this spell may not be higher in level than your Intelligence bonus.
- For all intents and purposes, this spell is considered to be a spell you have prepared for as long as you are in physical contact with your staff.
- You may change out the spell contained in the staff during a short rest.
- You have a +1 bonus to AC while you wield a staff in (at least) one hand.
- You can "bundle" your attunement to Blackstaff Tower into attunement with a magical staff. Being attuned to both the Tower and the staff count as just a single "attunement."
You are not only a fine penman and calligrapher, but you have unlocked the magics inherent in the written word, understanding them as few do.
- Increase your Intelligence by 1.
- You gain proficiency in one additional language.
- When creating certain magic items, each day of work is worth 100gp toward the time to finishing the item, rather than the normal 50gp. Only magic items that include extensive writing are included in this category, including scrolls of all kinds, magical books, and the like.
- You gain advantage on checks (including passive checks) to detect the presence of dangerous writing-based magical traps and wards. If the spell or effect does not include a check to detect it, you may make a normal Intelligence (Calligrapher's Supplies) check at a DC 12 + spell level to detect it. You also gain advantage on saving throws against all symbol- or writing-based magics, including glyphs, symbols, and the like.
You are trained in the sacred Sword Dance of the Eilistraean faith, a flowing dance with blade in hand that teaches the wielder a fighting style that relies on instinct and intuition.
- You gain proficiency with all swords, and may treat any sword that you can wield one-handed as a finesse weapon. You also have the moonfire cantrip prepared, even if you don't normally gain access to cantrips.
- When you are attacked by an enemy with a melee attack, you may spend your reaction to give yourself an AC bonus equal to your Proficiency bonus.
- When you have advantage on an attack with a sword, if both dice result in a number high enough to strike the target, that sword strike inflicts one higher die type in damage for that strike.