Dark Room Vivian Blackstone
Vivian "Leila" Blackstone
|Virtue: Uplifting • Vice: Selfish • Aspirations: |
Path: Mastigos • Order: x • Legacy: None • Cabal: x • Obsessions: Understand the Salon
|Intelligence 4, Wits 4, Resolve 3|
Strength 1, Dexterity 3, Stamina 2
Presence 2, Manipulation 3, Composure 3
|Mental: Academics 1, Investigation 4 (Codebreaking), Occult 1 Politics 1|
Physical: Firearms 2, Larceny 1, Stealth 2 (Surveillance)
Social: Empathy 3, Expression 3 (Painting), Persuasion 1, Socialize 3, Subterfuge 2
|Mental: Meditative Mind 2, Japanese 1, Trained Observer 3|
Social: Barfly 2, Table Tuner 1, False Identity 2
Awakened: Dark Room 5, Dream 2, Supernal Watcher 2
|Health: 7, Willpower: 2/5, Wisdom: 6, Size: 5, Speed: 8, Defense: 2 (Armor: 0), Initiative: 6|
|Mana: 11/2 • Yantras: 2 • Ritual Interval: 3 hours • Arcana Limits: 3/3 • Paradox: 1 • Combined Spells: 1|
|Arcana: Mind 3, Space 3, Spirit 1|
Praxes: Mental Scan, One Mind Two Thoughts, The Outward & Inward Eye, Exorcist's Eye, Incognito Presence
Magical Tools: x
|• Counterspell: Mind & Space spells|
• Sympathetic Range: May cast a spell targeting someone out of sensory range.
• Space Armor: Spend 1 mana to add [Space] to Defense, which maybe applied against firearms. When Dodging, spend 1 mana to redirect the attack against another applicable target, hitting with [Space] successes.
• Spend 1 Mana to deliberately place Signature Nimbus on person, place, or object.
|Warlock's Sight: Detect the presence of thinking beings, including what condition that mind is in (sleeping, comatose, awake, meditating, projecting out of body, etc); also able to sense when someone in sight gains or spends Willpower. Detect precise distances, range bands, and cover (allowing knowledge of mechanical bonuses/penalties), as well as spatial warps, scrying windows, and the presence of other spatial phenomena.|
|• Peripheral: Always Active. Automatic sensory awareness of supernatural phenomena.|
• Active: Reflexive Action. Perceive Ruling Arcana phenomena for [Gnosis] minutes or one scene (1 Willpower); -2 to non-magic rolls while active. Instant Action. Spend 1 Mana/Arcanum to add a Common or Inferior Arcanum.
• Focused: Used to engage in Scrutiny and Revelation of Mysteries.
|Ruling Arcanum: –|
|• Pattern Restoration: 3 Mana to heal 1B or 1L or 1 Mental Condition or 1 Physical Tilt|
• Pattern Scouring: Physical Attribute -1 or 1 resistant Lethal to gain 3 Mana
- 1976: Events of Maple Shade
- 1977: x
- 1978: x
- 1979: x
- 1980: Mt. St. Helens erupts.
- 1981: Vivian Dies of lung cancer
- 1982: x
- 1983: x
- 1984: Surprise bitch!
- Virtue: Uplifting. Regain all spent Willpower when you motivate or uplift someone.
- Vice: Selfish. Regain one spent Willpower when you look out for number one.
- find out what has happened to my friends and family
- Learn more about The Ladder
- Learn more about the Astral Realm and the creature I met there
- Understand the Salon
wits/investigation rolls: 3 successes: 11
- Possessions: paintings, art supplies, art books
- Weapons: service pistol
- The Serene Nook: Meditation Alcove. A small comfortable, sound-neutral space perfect for meditation, granting a +2 equipment bonus to meditation rolls.
- The Evocatory Patten: Perfected Item •• (Path Tool). A pentacle Path tool crafted of siderite, aligned with Pandemonium. It grants a +2 tool Yantra bonus to spells concerning strengthening or protecting.
- The Flickering Pendant: Mana Battery •••. A garnet pendant set in blackened pewter. It is a mana battery •••, capable of holding up to six points of Mana. The more Mana within it, the brighter the flickering glow in the heart of the pendant.
- The Theater of Umbral Wisdoms: Grimoire •••. A spinning shadow theater whose shadows projected on the wall include Atlantean runes that are the formulae for a series of rotes. Rotes:
- Mental Scan (Mind •, Empathy)
- Isolation (Space •, Subterfuge)
- Dream Reaching (Mind ••, Socialize)
- Break Boundary (Space ••, Stealth)
- Read the Depths (Mind •••, Investigation)
- Co-Location (Space •••, Stealth)
- Other Notes: x
- Soul Stone
- psychic friends network
- .38 Special DMG 2 Range 20/40/80 Capacity 6
Under the effects of:
- machine invisibility - 24 hours - machines do not recognize us (constructs too) - supernatural detections invoke clash of wills (five dice)
- Mental Shield (1 day)
- Incognito Presence (1 week)
|End condition to gain a point of Willpower and reduce exceptional success from 5 succ to 3 when taking an action pertaining to inspiration.|
Possible Sources: Exceptional Success: Crafts, Expression; Inspiring Merit, mental powers
Resolution: You spend inspiration to spur yourself to greater success, resolving the Condition as described above.
|A secret; could turn into Notoriety if revealed.|
Possible Sources: Any action that has to be kept secret for fear of ostracism.
Resolution: The character’s secret is made public, or the character does whatever is necessary to make sure it never comes to light.
|Distracted by temptation and desire. -2 to Composure or Resolve rolls to resist temptation. Cause of this condition tempts you exceptionally at 3 successes rather than 5.|
Possible Sources: Fail a breaking point dealing with pleasure or indulgence, mental illness, mental powers.
Resolution: Indulge in something that constitutes a breaking point.
Atlantean Virtue (Arcane)
|A thunderbolt of inspiration and insight has given you an understanding of the Atlantean High Speech. While you have this Condition, you gain a +1 to all Act of Hubris tests. Resolve this Condition while casting a spell using the High Speech mantra to regain all of your Willpower as though you'd just fulfilled a Virtue.|
Possible Sources: Gaining an exceptional success on a spell cast with the High Speech yantra
Resolution: Use the benefit above.
condition: attuned- when using mage sight get a +2 bonus - whenever used condition is resolved, take a beat
- Striking Looks 2
- Japanese 1
- Meditative Mind 2
- Barfly 2
- Trained Observer 3
- Table Turner
- False Identity 2
- The Dark Room 5
- Dream 2 - Once per chapter, char can dig in dreams for answers to primordial truths
- Supernal Watcher 2 - rank 1 entity, when you attempt to summon only requires 5 successes instead of 10, when activating mage sight can spend 1 pt of will to have it be present (casting path tool yantra  for Mind casting)
- High Speech 1
Dark Room Paintings
The paintings that Viv does as a mage, using the strange black powder of the Dark Room, have the potential for use as magical sacraments.
Opacity: 2 • In order to begin to scrutinize the Mystery, the viewer must have one of Viv's paintings before them, and have an Expression •• (Painting).
Surface Information: This is the result of any successful Revelation test done before the Mystery's Opacity has been unraveled completely.
- The painting was created by Viv, shortly before.
- No specific Arcana were used in its making, but it somehow resonates very strongly with them. The painting isn't itself magical, so much as it is the result of magic.
Deep Information: This is the result of a successful Revelation test done after the Mystery's Opacity has been unraveled completely.
- Ritual Creations. Viv is capable of creating a painting as part of a spellcasting ritual. This requires the use of newly-mixed paint using the dust of the Dark Room (technically, the void outside of the Archway).
- This acts as a spellcasting Yantra of +2, and the resulting painting has a Strong sympathetic connection to Viv as well as any target of the spell in question. This ritual spellcasting cannot be cooperative.
- Sacramental Functions. If she wishes, Viv may tap into the creative power she has invested in one of her black powder paintings. The painting must have some kind of symbolic resonance with the spell being cast, up to and including its sympathetic connection (which means that all of Viv's paintings can be used if she is the target of the spell).
- Creating Paintings. Viv is assumed to create a number of these paintings per week of downtime equal to her Expression (not all her work qualifies) if that is all she does, or only a single painting per week if she spends it doing other things.
- If she makes a painting during on-screen time, she may make a Dif 2 Wits + Expression (Painting) test to successfully craft one.
- Additionally, any paintings she creates as part of a Ritual Creations (above) ritual qualify for Sacramental Functions.
Friends and Family
A description of your characters day to day life.
- Money: knows how to make "starving artist" look like "Bohemian Grande Dame"
- Clothing & Jewelry: Caftans, scarves, fascinators, big jewelry
- Communication: phone, in person
- Food: basic when not entertaining
- Housing: art and scarves and beaded curtains, incense always burning
- Days: whatever
- Evenings: she wants
Group Portrait (Viv, Harry, Carol, Rose, Natalie, Chua)
|• Current Beats: 3|
• Unspent Experiences: 0
• Spent Experiences: 11
|• Current Arcane Beats: 2|
• Unspent Arcane Experiences: 0
• Spent: 17