The Poor and the Hungry
Durgos' mother was an initiate in the Nightsisters of Dathomir when she met his father, a young rapscallion from Iridonia who wooed her with tales of adventure as a pirate. She left Dathomir with the Iridonian and shortly realized that the man she left with was nothing more than a common thug, not a pirate or gang leader by any stretch of the imagination. She stayed with him for a while, eventually giving birth to twins, one male (Durgos) and the other female. Seeing this as a sign, she took her daughter and returned to Dathomir with her to try and get back into the good graces of the Nightsisters. Durgos, being a male and therefore worthless to her, was left with his thug father. Unprepared for life as a single father, he too abandoned Durgos, pawning him off on a cousin living in the lower levels of Coruscant who said he was more than happy to take him in. That's when life got interesting for Durgos, the cousin was operating a criminal racket involing children up to teenage years. He taught Durgos how to pick pockets and locks, move about in the shadows, and lie convincingly enough to sucker money or food from unsuspecting targets. Durgos turned out to be preternaturally gifted at this life of skulduggery, so much so that word of the gang made it to the Jedi Council, who sent in a sentinel to investigate and break up the gang about the time Durgos was 5. The sentinel discovered that most of the success of the gang was due to Durgos being force sensitive and broke up the gang. He then took Durgos to the Jedi Temple to see what could be made of him, if anything.
His antics at the Temple were not unexpected, given his background, but beneath his carefree exterior he is driven to learn everything he can. He views his skills as just another method of acquiring information, one that doesn't rely on holocrons or other people's knowledge, but rather first hand acquisition of knowledge. This has led to some trouble, as he doesn't think any knowledge should be forbidden, and will follow sources back as far as he can regardless of the consequences. In classes he can be quiet and unassuming, or causing some sort of trouble, but when his instructors try to catch him up and call on him to give an answer he will frequently know the correct answer, much to the surprise of his early instructors.
Master Odalia Qyren - (0) : Who is he, does he belong to someone?
Chief Archivist Ikala - (0) : Troublemaker, rulebreaker
Weapons & Gear
- Encumbrance Threshold: 7 (8 with belt) (5 + Brawn)
- Current Encumbrance: 3 (5 on missions)
- Shoto Lightsaber: 3/3 HP • Dam 5 • Crit 1 • Breach 1, Sunder, Vicious 2, Accurate 1, Defense 1
- Durgos' Practice Shoto: 2/3 HP • Dam 5 • Crit 0 • Stun, Accurate 1
- Attachments: none
Reduce the Encumbrance of worn garments by 3.
- Basic Padawan's Uniform: Def 0 • Soak 1 • Enc 1 • HP 0 The padawn's uniform is a basic tunic and breeches, in brown and dun coloration.
- Padawan Training Garb: Def 0 • Soak 2 • Enc 4/6 • HP 0 The standard padawan uniform is a heavy-duty padded armor, and bulky arm and leg armor. They train strength, especially when worn with inserted weights on arms, legs, and chest (Encumbrance 6). Young padawans are often expected to wear the bulky suits constantly for their first year or so.
- Concealing Robes: Def 0 • Soak 1 • Enc 1 • HP 0 A deep hooded, flowing over-robe that hides the identity of the wearer, inflicting a to those attempting to identify or notice the wearer. These can be worn over the padawan's uniform or the training garb.
Jedi Utility Belt
This utility belt is standard issue for all Jedi. It is a wide belt with a clip for a lightsaber on the left side, a variety of precise containers for the standard issue equipment (noted below), and a variety of small but secure pouches along the back of it. It increases a Jedi's Encumbrance threshold by 1.
- A99 Aquata Breather: Enc 0 A small device that uses tiny tanks of supercompressed oxygen and built-in filtrations to allow the user to breathe in harsh environments, including underwater, in space, and in noxious gas.
- Jedi Beacon Transceiver: Enc 0 A small encoded subspace receiver beacon with a display screen and communications transceiver. It can receive broadcasts from the Jedi Beacon in the Temple on Coruscant, or from other Jedi Beacon Transceivers. A Jedi can quickly transmit an Emergency Code Nine-Thirteen, to any beacon transceiver in range, calling for immediate assistance.
- Lightsaber Maintenance Kit: Enc 2 A small multitool for electronics work. It qualifies as a tool kit for the purpose of making Mechanics tests, and grants an automatic to all rolls to repair or build lightsabers.
- SoroSuub Corporation Hush-98 Personal Comlink: Enc 0 A handheld communications device that allows vocal transmission and reception. It is equipped with variable frequencies, encoding, a locator, silence projectors that create a field of white noise around the user (allowing for private conversations) and can also be used to transmit complex data by connecting it to other devices. Those assigned to Jedi are set up to access the secure frequencies used by the Jedi Order, and to transmit using the encrypted protocols used by the Order (which are updated every time one of these comlinks is brought near a Jedi cruiser or similar ship). They have a range of 100 km, though all Jedi cruisers and larger ships have significant boosters to expand that range tenfold, and many planets with a strong Jedi presence have satellites in orbit that provide orbital and planetary range for the little devices.
- SoroSuub Corporation Imagecaster Holoprojector: Enc 0 A small circular holoprojector with small arms that can be used to stand it on level surfaces. It holds up to 100 minutes of holo recordings, and can be used to play or record holo recording, though it cannot be send or receive images. It can, however, be connected to other transmission devices (including the Hush-98) to do so. These are usually loaded with holomaps of destinations where Jedi are being sent on mission.
- Stimpacks (2): Enc 0 Simple injectors with several doses of a medical cocktail that includes stimulants, anti-inflammatories, coagulants, and similar ingredients. Each use of one (which takes a Maneuver) heals 5 wounds, minus one wound per additional stimpack the user has already injected that day.
- Survival Rations: Enc 0 Capsules with super-charged nutrient compounds. Each utility belt carries 30 capsules.
- Glowrods (2): Enc 1. Source of illumination at respectable ranges.
- Other Equipment: xxx
Remote Droid: DRMT-3
Holocron: Master Dinlaour
- Skills: Mechanics, Perception • Discipline. You are considered to have both of these Skills as Career Skills for the entire time you are actively engaged in study of this holocron.
- Powers: Enhance, Misdirect. You may reduce the cost to purchase the Basic ability of one of these Powers by 5 XP. You may gain this benefit for the purchase of only one of the Powers.
- Special: Unknown • Holocron XP Spent: 40/60
- Unlocked Talents (2/3): Keen-Eyed (10xp), Inventor (15xp)
- Unlocked Skills (1/1): Discipline
- Unlocked Secrets (0/1): x
- History: Master Dinlaour was a renowned investigator for the Jedi Order a hundred years after the Ruusan Reformation, skilled in taking on a role for himself and playing it to the hilt. He was also somewhat notorious for his small aresenal of little gadgets - things most often disguised as other things - that he tinkered with in his downtime, providing him with surprises to grant him the upper hand on his missions.
- Personality: Master Dinlaour is inquisitive and probing, never content with what he already knows - he's sure there must always be more to learn. That same inquisitiveness drove his inventive tendencies, making him driven to always find a better or more efficient way of doing something.
- Rumors: A few of the Jedi who studied this holocron have come away with Master Dinlaour's inventive techniques, creating items that appear to be other items entirely.
Racial Experience: 110 XP
- +1 Stealth: 10 XP
- Street Smarts (Shadow): 5 XP
- +1 Vigilance: 5 XP (Holocron)
- Influence Basic (Holocron)
- +1 Lore: 5 XP
- Reflect: 5 XP (Shien Expert)
- Reflect: 10 XP (Shien Expert)
- +1 Vigilance: 10 XP (Holocron)
- +1 Deception: 5 XP
- Force Protection (Holocron Talent/Protector): 10 XP
- +1 Cool: 5 XP (Holocron)
- +1 Discipline: 5 XP (Holocron)
- +1 Lightsaber: 10 XP
- +1 Discipline: 10 XP (Holocron)
- Codebreaker: 5 XP (Shadow)
- Grit: 10 XP (Shadow)
- Misdirect Control: 10 XP (Holocron)
- +1 Mechanics: 10 XP (Holocron)
- Keen Eyed (Holocron Talent/Pathfinder): 10 XP
- +1 Perception: 10 XP (Holocron)
Goscawe is a knight renowned for his slicing skill and his talents for getting into places others do not want the Jedi Order to be. He sees in you your tendency to go looking for trouble flowing from a desire to do something with your talents, and he intends to "aim" you at appropriate places to channel that.