From OakthorneWikiJump to navigationJump to search
- The Quantum Event: June 22nd – An alien ship crashes into New York, setting off the first Quantum Event. Thousands of people are given super powers. City, state, and federal governments buckle under the pressure of the disaster, and work for years to restore some kind of order.
- The Lockdown: Finally accepting the inevitable, the federal government declares the island of Manhattan as a Containment Zone, stopping rebuilding efforts and instead evacuating the island. Powered individuals who have not found other roles in American society are transported to the island of Manhattan for containment.
- Player One is caught up in a quantum event in his home in California. He is soon identified, classified as a useless personality by the government and shipped off to Manhatten. He begins working for the Roughnecks.
- Horizon invades a meeting between Player One (on behalf of the Roughnecks) and Gentleman Glass, selling a piece of alien technology. Horizon shows up and insists he needs the item, and Gentleman Glass seems keen to give it to him in exchange for use of his teleportation power. Player One snatches the item and makes a break for it, but Horizon traps him in a stutter-loop, and takes the item, teleporting away.
- Having heard about Horizon from Gentleman Glass, Riptide recruits Horizon into helping them with a task: hitting a DVHA medical supply shipment. Horizon teleports them over the bridge and Riptide snatches the goods. Horizon teleports them away, but not before the DVHA has recorded his image, becoming aware of a powerful teleporter in Manhattan.
- The Independence Day Raids: July 4th – Using a massive fireworks display as auditory and visual cover/distraction, the Department of Variant Human Affairs and the federal government, along with military contractors, launch a series of black ops raids on the MCZ. They target powerful supers and community organizers, rounding up and transporting them elsewhere. When the news comes out about it, the government claims the raids were strikes against superpowered terrorist cells.
- The Manhattan Project contacts Clover asking for help: some of their people have been snatched up by the Quantum Underground, and they can't afford to be seen taking the offensive on the island. Clover recruits Horizon through Riptide, and Horizon agrees to help without any expectation of reward. Afterwards, Horizon uses a portal to get members of Clover's family out of Manhattan, earning his respect.
- The Fall of Eden: Braze, the warlord of the Roughnecks, launches a devastating attack on Eden, bypassing its security effortlessly. The siege stretches into a month of constant raids, culminating in the burning down of Eden.
- Player One is among the first attackers with the Roughnecks assault. He is knocked unconscious by Clover, and ends up in the infirmary. Given the opportunity to see Eden's people and ideals in action, he comes to side with Eden.
- Horizon watches the assault go on over the course of weeks, not getting involved, but constantly coming back to it over and over, increasingly bothered by it.
- In the final Roughnecks assault on Eden, Player One fights on the side of Eden.
- In the final Roughnecks assault on Eden, tired of watching, Horizon teleports into the structure as it catches fire. He facilitates the evacuation from the station to the abandoned cruise ship that will serve as New Eden.
- Ep 1: Oct 3, 2030 - the Great Rescue, in which Eden's leadership (Beacon, Clover, and Riptide) plus Horizon and Player One attack an Roughnecks "mining" operation inside their territory to liberate folk from Eden who'd been taken and put to work. Others were freed as well and brought back to New Eden.
- Ep 2: Oct 11, 2030 - upgrading ship, Infernals show up sniffing about
- Ep 3: Oct 12, 2030 - Horizon gets his feelings hurt, Clover goes searching (5 Edenites head south into Park Ave territory; Tantrum and others went west to the Epsilon zone library), Riptide checks on their family
- Oct 13, 2030 - Head to Manhattan Project, then Riptide + Beacon head off to salvage lower decks while Clover, Player One, and Horizon go and chat with Gentleman Glass at the Establishment.
- Ep 4: Oct 13, 2030 – Entered Renaissance territory, invited to speak with Insight, headed into tunnels to deal with ROBOT. Beat it, showed up to Glass to deliver and got quantum generator.
- Ep 5: Oct 14, 2030 – Off to library. Encountered the Librarian, who forced us to navigate our way through kids' stories to find our missing Edenite and one another. Ended up encountering one another and beat her up. While the others gathered folks, Horizon spiked the Librarian's brain to drain it of liquid quantum, and then told the others what he did. They Had Issues with it. Ended in a safehouse, waiting for her to recover. Beacon takes Horizon through some diagnostic observation and then hypno-therapy to try and recover memories.
- Ep 6: Oct 17, 2030 - The Librarian wakes up. We take her to a meeting with Manhattan Project and Frosbrand Industries, who offer to take her off to Malta where she can recover. As Horizon discovers that he can sync with the generator, which now powered offers the option of opening a stargate. Clover discovers the Infernals are planning an attack, and the team prepares.
- Ep 7: Oct 18, 2030 - Infernals attempt an attack on New Eden. Carrion sneaks aboard but is discovered by Horizon, while Clover attacks Inferno and the gang while they wait for Carrion's word to go. Clover fucks Inferno all the way up, while the rest of the team takes on Carrion. Horizon ends up teleporting her 250 miles into the Atlantic. A decision is made to kill Inferno, which causes some confusion in Horizon.
- Ep 8: Oct 21, 2030 - Roughnecks begin pushing into the Infernals territory. Chat with Manhattan Project about possibility of forming a coalition. (Mention that Carrion usually returns from death after a week - making it Oct 24th)
- Ep 9: Oct 21, 2030 - Eden heads off to speak with Renaissance; they refuse unless NWK joins. Return to ship, discuss other approaches. Contact Tunnel Rats about a meeting, and send an olive branch to the Infernals.
- Oct 22, 2030 - Discuss other approaches over breakfast. Meet up with Prism, chat with Stonewall.
- Ep 10: Oct 22, 2030 - Roughnecks attempt to move on the Infernals again, but are stymied by the Tunnel Rats. Meet with Tunnel Rats, who are all about joining. Discussed plans for Market, decide to hit up Titan.
- Ep 11: Oct 22, 2030 - Talk with Titan and he asks us to fight him in the arena to test us.
- Ep 12: Oct 22, 2030 - Finish carousing with Titan, then head home.
- Oct 23, 2030 - Horizon starts hypnotherapy with Beacon. Beacon responds with an instinctive technological reaction, attacking Beacon and teleporting away. He returns to the ship later, not remembering the attempt at hypnosis at all. They then make plans to meet with Hannah of the Quantum Underground. In seeking information about Carrion, they accept a job to do some scavenging of alien tech.
- Ep 13: Oct 23, 2030 - Crawled through crashed ship. Found cryotech and fought a blue cyborg.
- Ep 14: Oct 23, 2030 - Finished fight and escaped. Found out where Carrion's grave is.
- Oct 24, 2030 - Are there watching when Carrion exits her grave and chats with her via radio.
- Ep 15: Nov 9 2030 - Saturday. The Agora first opened four or five days ago. Discover that we're having attendance issues, need to talk to the Wardogs.
- Ep 16: Nov 9 2030 - Saturday. Chat with the Wardogs; they try to read our minds before agreeing to work with us..
- Nov 12 2030 - The Wardogs have been good to their word, and keeping things squared away. Begin seeing some traffic through the Wardogs and even from the Park Avenue crew.
- Nov 14 2030 - Having a meeting, with Beacon and Player One. Encounter the proselytizers of the "Pure Flame," talking about "seeing the Light." The Apostle is their leader. Beacon, Player One, and Horizon go to see it; it is in the old St. Anthony of Padua church. Beacon realizes they are associated with his past, and we have cause to suspect them of nefarious ends. Horizon snuck over that night to investigate, but was interfered with by a woman made of shadow and a lizard dude. Schedule a meeting for the next day.
- Ep 17: Nov 15 2030 - Schedule a meeting with everyone. Deal with an infiltration of our people when Corby is mind-controlled. We then engaged in some recon against them which they interrupted. Discovered they have a telepath, who busted us and forced limited engagement.
- Ep 18: Nov 16 2020 - Meet with Consultant to get some help with telepathic defenses. Meet up with the Apostle and agree to keep out of one anothers' way. Agree to keep distance, although he does a lot of lying. The Consultant tells us he wasn't able to push into anyone's minds, and we conjecture that he might need the meditations/treatments he puts people through to use his powers against them. She also says that he's got a "mental net" in the area around the Church.
- Nov 17 2030 – Meet with others about taking action against them. Ironclad is insistent that we need proof before taking action.
- Ep 19: Nov 18 2030 – Speak with Ironclad about setting up containment area and getting the
- Ep 20: Nov 18 2030 - Assault on the Church of the Pure Flame. Snatch up the Apostle.
- Nov 19 2030 - Meeting with the others to talk about how to sentence him but attacked by scary dude who punched the base.
- Ep 21 (1PP): Dec 24-25 2030 - Christmas celebrations abound.
- Dec 28 2030 - Begin planning for Titan's New Year's Eve party. Riptide's sister Maya calls, panicked. We find her apartment has been broken into, and she and her kids are gone. Discover that the call she made has been artificially sent from in the middle of War Dogs territory, but investigation reveals that all of Horizon's new communication network has been compromised (that didn't fucking take long lol). We find Maya's phone, with a radio next to it, and receive communication from someone called Cheat Code, who wants us to install a hacking device on the Frosbrand server at the NA HQ in Baltimore.
- Ep 22 (1PP): Dec 29 2030 - Began our search for Maya and her kids. Find them tucked away in Zeus Dynamic territory, in a building rigged to explode. We take out the explosives before we move in.
- Ep 23 (1PP): Dec 30 2030 - Attack the site, get the hostages out, and attack Cheat Code. He and his escape. We send the footage to Zeus, and contact Frosbrand. We learn that this might have been engineered by the DVHA.
- Ep 24 (xPP): January 17 2031 - Therapy session with Beacon and the Consultant, who unlocks a memory of Horizon as an alien as the space-dock where the Central Park ship is docked under attack by the Vosos Imperium. Conversation about what happened, and decision to investigate biology.