Jace Belos - Academy of the Stars
- Morality: 78
- Emotional Strength: Independence (The Force is with me) - Jace's faith in the will of the Force grants him great tenacity when faced with challenges.
- Emotional Weakness: Obsession | Recklessness (Prove your worth) - Now that Jace has been taken as a Padawan, he is determined to prove that he can become a great Jedi. He has come to believe that the Force itself has ordained this greatness - and he will go take any chance to display his power.
- Motivation: Faith (The Cosmic Force) - Jace has come to believe that the Force is at work throughout the galaxy, subtly guiding events to a predetermined outcome. There are no coincidences, or happenstance - and the chaotic nature of the Living Force eventually gives way to the serenity and eventuality of the Cosmic.
- Duty: Padawan (8)
- Contribution: 1
Master Odalia Qyren - (1): Tactical Minded and Cool Under Pressure
Chief Archivist Ikala - (2): Observant
Father - Dain
Mother - Lada
My life has been a maelstrom of dualities. I was a bit older than most when the Jedi came to take me to the Temple. I remembered more of my family than most other Younglings, but I did not miss my family as much as others would. I worked hard to prove myself to be the best and most skilled in my Clan, but I was also emotional and undisciplined.
Eventually, my skill and strength in the Force was overshadowed by this emotional failing. When I was sent to my Gathering on Ilum, the apparitions in the great caves showed me things that terrified me, loss - rejection - abandonment, and I became swept up in my fear. When I emerged, without a Crystal, the Masters could sense the conflict in me and found me unfit for further training.
For many this would have been the end. I was sent off to the Explore Corps and for the next several years, I did my best to leave the True Jedi behind me. Then, in a strange twist of fate, I was assigned to the Chu'unthor, and ended up involved with a group of Padawans.
These kids and their masters challenged my ability to keep my cool, and yet, I felt a strange sense of purpose and belonging. It was with them that I acquired a Holocron I believed to contain the Gatekeeper of Jedi Master Lord Durym Raegos. After many months of study and tutelage under the obscure master, I came to understand my place in the Force and slowly let go of my resentment. It was then, that Lord Durym reveled his true nature to me. He was not a Holocron Gatekeeper - but a Spirit of the Force, one who had awaited centuries for me - a fulfillment of an ancient prophecy.
When I reveled this to the Master of the Chu'unthor, they considered this a great moment in the Force and allowed me to become a Padawan.
- Pilot Space 1
- Prime Position (Rank 2) - When Character or Ally at Short Range takes Cover, increase Cover bonus by (Rank).
- Uncanny Senses (Rank 1) - (Force) Add (Rank) to all Perception Tests.
- Grit (Rank 2) - +(Rank) to Strain Threshold
- Careful Planning - 1/Game, introduce "Fact" as though a Destiny Point had been spent.
- Jump Up - Once per Round, as an Incidental, Jace may stand from being seated or prone.
- Quick Draw - Once per round, as an Incidental, Jace may draw a weapon or item, or reduce the time to do so by 1 Manuever.
- Ataru Technique - Jace may use his Agility in place of Brawn when using his Lightsaber
- Parry (Rank 1) - As an out of turn incidental, Jace may Suffer 3 Strain to reduce Brawl, Melee, or Lightsaber Damage by (Rank + 2)
- Rapid Reaction (Rank 1) - When rolling Initiative, may spend (Rank) Strain to add (Rank) to Result.
- Defensive Training (Rank 1) - Jace increases the Defensive Bonus of any weapon by 1.
- Basic: Jace may make a Power Check and Spend to gain vague hints of events to come up to a Day in his future.
- Basic: Jace may make a Power Check and Spend to detect all living things within Short Range, or to detect the emotional state of any single being he is engaged with
- Paired Nova Vipers: Ranged (Light), Damage 8, Crit 3, Range: Medium, Encumberance 2/2, HP X, Qualities: Accurate 2, Pierce 2, Stun Setting, Superior, Paired
- Standard Lightsaber: Lightsaber, Damage 10, Crit 1, Range: Engaged, Encumbrance 1, HP 1, Qualities: Accuracy, Breach, Sunder, Superior
- Guard-Shoto Lightsaber: Lightsaber, Damage 6, Crit 2, Range: Engaged, Encumberance 1, HP 1, Qualities: Breach, Sunder, Defensive 3, Deflection 3, Unwieldly 4.
- Siang Lance: A blaster halfway in size between a sporting pistol and a sporting rifle, the siang lance is wielded in one hand. It has a bayonet affixed to the end of it, and the entire weapon is built around a specialized Force Attuned Resonator, allowing only those with a Force rating to fire the weapon. It has two sets of statistics, for use with the Ranged (Light) skill and for the Melee skill.
- Encumbrance 3, Hard Points 2 • Special: Must have a Force rating to use; add non-committed Force rating to damage • Innate Modifications: (0/1) Accurate +1 (Melee only), (0/1) Accurate +1 (Ranged only)
- Melee Stats: Dam +2, Crit 2 • Pierce 2, Vicious 1
- Ranged (Light) Stats: Dam 7, Crit 3 • Linked 1, Stun Damage, Vicious 1 • Range Medium
- Force Blade Resonator: Attachment (HP 2). A hilt modification for a bladed melee weapon, the attachment includes space in which to affix a kyber crystal (which may be installed in the Resonator without additional Hard Point cost, if the crystal's Hard Point cost is 2 or less). When the weapon is activated, the blade gains a faintly luminous sheen the color of the crystal that is set into it. When the weapon is activated, change it traits thusly:
- Damage: Increased by +2 • Critical: Reduced by 1 (min 1)
- Qualities: Blade gains all Qualities granted by the kyber crystal. If these Qualities have ratings, any Qualities possessed by both crystal and weapon stack.
Reduce the Encumbrance of worn garments by 3.
- Concealing Robes: Def 0 • Soak 1 • Enc 1 • HP 0 A deep hooded, flowing over-robe that hides the identity of the wearer, inflicting a to those attempting to identify or notice the wearer. These can be worn over the padawan's uniform or the training garb. - Rarely Worn
- Issued Armored Robes Def 1 • Soak 2 • Enc 5 • HP 2 The Order has chosen to issue Jace and the other Padawans Jedi Armored Robes.
Critical Injuries and Wounds
Current Wounds: 0
Current Strain: 0
- Weapons: 4
- Armor: 0(2)
- Gear: 7(3)
- Lightsaber Maintenance Kit: Enc 2 A small multitool for electronics work. It qualifies as a tool kit for the purpose of making Mechanics tests, and grants an automatic to all rolls to repair or build lightsabers.
Jedi Utility Belt:
- 3 Day Rations Enc 0
- Glowrod Enc 0
- Aquabreather Enc 0
- Commlink Enc 0
- Stimpack x2 Enc 0
- Basic Padawan's Uniform: Def 0 • Soak 1 • Enc 1 • HP 0
- Padawan Training Garb: Def 0 • Soak 2 • Enc 4/6 • HP 0
- Nova Viper
- Climbing Gear
- Emergency Medpack
- Extra Reloads x1
- Padded Armor
- Blade Breaker
- Melee Blade Attachment
- Encased Sith Crystals
Holocron: Master Shrrin
- Skills: Discipline, Knowledge (Lore). You are considered to have both of these Skills as Career Skills for the entire time you are actively engaged in study of this holocron.
- Powers: Enhance, Seek. You may reduce the cost to purchase the Basic ability of one of these Powers by 5 XP. You may gain this benefit for the purchase of only one of the Powers.
- Special: Unknown • Holocron XP Spent: 5/60
- Unlocked Talents (0/3): x
- Unlocked Skills (0/1): x
- Unlocked Secrets (0/1): x
- History: A member of an unknown species, Master Shrrin lived over two thousand years ago. Not much is known of his early history as part of the Order. In time, he became renowned for his mystic philosophy regarding the Force. Unlike many who delve into the depths of the Force's mysteries, however, he never eschewed violence. He considered the pursuit of proper justice to be the highest calling the Force demanded of him, and he was well-known as a wandering law-bringer to some of the wilder reaches of the Outer Rim.
- Personality: Just how much Master Shrrin's peculiarities are part of his species and how much are personal is unknown. He teaches by meditation and example, encouraging his student to seek out those situations that are most fearful to him, that he might conquer that weakness. His teachings are clear: the Jedi who focuses his discipline entirely inward does not truly serve the Force, but his own ego instead. A Jedi must seek out those in need of help and use the gifts of the Force selflessly. A Jedi who dies of old age has failed; self-sacrifice for the good of others is the only fitting end for the true Jedi.
- Rumors: Master Shrrin's students sometimes speak of a favorite lesson of Master Shrrin's: the lesson of the Crystal Sphere. It is a favored metaphor and teaching device used by the strange Jedi master, and it is said that some students who gained his favor and demonstrated their discipline learned unexpected things about its mysteries.
Force Ghost: Master Durym Raegos
- Though the phantom of Master Durym Raegos once acted as mentor for Jace in the ways of the Jedi, his presence has diminished. He reveals that such intense presence was difficult for what remains of his presence in the Force, and he can appear only infrequently.
A Jedi master renowned for her precision and starfighter skills, Master Aeda is a strict disciplinarian, sure your potential is not yet being met - though it certainly will be under her watch. She chose you for your sense of discipline, and because she believes she can sharpen that potential into a razor-edged precise tool for the peace and tranquility the Jedi Order seeks.
Character Creation Grant: 30
Game 1: 15
Game 2: 15
Game 3: 15
Game 4: 15
Game 5: 10
Game 6: 20
Game 7: 15
Arc 1: 10
Skill Return 10
Game 8: 10
Game 9: 10
Game 10: 10
Game 11: 10
Game 12: 20
30XP - Agility 3
30XP - Presence 3
10XP - Vigilence 2
10XP - Cool 2
5XP - Melee 1
5XP - Warleader (1/1): Prime Positions
5XP - Warleader (4/1): Uncanny Senses
10XP - Warleader (1/2): Grit
10XP - Warleader (2/2): Careful Planning
15XP - Warleader (2/3): Grit
20XP - Warleader (2/4): Prime Positions
5XP - Lore 1
5XP - (Holocron)Deception 1
10XP - (Holocron)Foresee (Basic)
10XP - (Holocron)Foresee (Control: Initiative)
5XP - (Holocron)Sense (Basic)
10XP - (Holocron)Sense (Control - Difficulty)
10XP - (Holocron) Lore 2
10XP - (Holocron) Rapid Reaction 1
15XP - (Holocron) Defensive Training
20XP - Ataru Striker
5XP - Ataru Striker (3/1) Jump Up
10XP - Ataru Striker (3/2) Ataru Technique
5XP - Lightsaber
5XP - Ataru Striker (4/1) Quick Draw
5XP - Ataru Striker (2/1) Parry
10XP - Sense (Duration)
10XP - Sense (Strength)
5XP - Enhance (Basic)
20XP - (Holocron) Force Rating
10XP - (Holocron) Sense (Control)
XP Tracker and Progression
- Discipline 2 +10xp
- Lightsaber 2 +10xp
- Ataru Striker (2/2): Reflect +10xp
- Warleader (2/4): Dedication +25xp
- Enhance (Coordination) +5xp
- Enhance (Resilience) +5xp
- Seek (Basic) +10xp
- Seek (Control) +10xp
- Seek (Magnitude) +5xp
- Seek (Magnitude) +5xp
- Seek (Strength) +15xp
- Seek (Magnitude) +15xp
- Seek (Mastery) +20xp