James' father, Stan, is an ex-Navy MP who returned to Detroit to become a policeman. His mother, Mariel, was born in the Philippines and married Stan while he was in the Navy. Stan left the Navy around James' 4th birthday so that James would be able to go to school in the same place all his life. Stan died about 10 years ago in the line of duty, killed in a shootout with a local gang. After Mariel got into the the US, she studied and became a nurse.
James has three siblings. Twins Kenneth and Karol, age 18, are currently in High School. While twins, they have very different interests. Kenneth is very outgoing and into sports, while Karol is more bookish and looks up to her older brother as a role model much more than her twin brother does. Kenneth is aiming to follow in his father's footsteps, planning to join the military after high school. Between James and the twins, there were several miscarriages and Stan and Mariel gave up trying to have children. Much to their joy, about 13 years ago Mariel became pregnant a third time and had a daughter, who they named Julia. Stan died within two years of her birth, so she never really knew her father. In many ways, James has been the closest thing that she has to a father.
James, age 25, has a BS in Mechanical Engineering with a Mechatronics focus, because he loves cars, and returned to work in Detroit because he loves the city. James still lives with his family, because he feels that he is responsible for them. James was born on February 15, 1989, 6:18 AM.
Rumors about your character.
- Virtue: Patient
- Vice: Daredevil
- Aspirations: List three short-to-medium term goals for your character. These may be in any arena of his life he considers important.
- Restore 1968 Mustang Shelby GT500KR
- Find someone outside group to confide in
- Find out what actually happened when dad was killed
- Integrity: 3
- Breaking Points:
- When I cause harm to an innocent
- Intentionally shooting someone
- Senseless violence
- Innocent bystander hurt
- Being shot
- Witnessing murder
- Possessions: Tablet, laptop, Xbox, Chevy Aveo
- Weapons: Glock 17 (DMG 1, range 20/40/80, clip 17+1, init 0, str 2, size 1)
- Armor: Kevlar vest (1/3), reinforced clothing (1/0)
- Other Notes: Saint Michael medal, anti-possession tattoo
- Flaw: Insanity: James now has OCD as a result of losing his Integrity. He is obsessed with the number 3. He triple checks everything. He will add extra steps when going up or down stairs so that his steps add up to a multiple of three. His gun will always start out with a multiple of three bullets in it, always less than the max it will hold unless that max is itself a multiple of three. Etc. Madness was resolved by losing integrity.
- Flaw: Obsession: Now obsessed with finding the shadow of Detroit.
- Professional Training Engineer 3: 9 again on professional skills, which are crafts, science and academics.
- Contacts 2: Included as part of Professional training
- Good Time Management 1: Decreases time per research check
- Resources 2: Able to make one resources 2 purchase per month, or several resources 1 purchases.
- Interdisciplinary Specialization Mechanical Engineering 2: Details
- Library - Science 2: Details
- Taste - Cars 1: Details
Friends and Family
- Karol: Sister Twin sister of Kenneth, age 18
- Kenneth: Brother Twin brother of Karol, age 18
- Julia: Sister Youngest sister, age 12
- Mariel: Mother Filipino woman, widow, age 50
- Name: Greg Professional writer who sometimes GM's for James and the rest of his group
- Name: John An older unemployed warehouse worker who is a gamer in his group
- Name: Kyle An engineering student who is a gamer in his group
- Name: Debbie A young teacher who is a gamer in his group
- Name: Eric SW Engineer James met in college who is the groups regular GM
- Name: Devon James' manager
- Name: Latisha co-worker, fellow engineer
- Name: Bob co-worker, SW Engineer
A description of your characters day to day life.
- Money: X
- Clothing & Jewelry: X
- Communication: X
- Food: X
- Days: X
- Evenings: X
The picture used for James is of Mehcad Brooks.