Full Name - Josephine Catherine Masters
Build - Small and Athletic
Ethnicity - African-American
Education: BS - Major in Business, Minor in Computers
Religion: Catholic - and getting the feels
was a dedicated Firefighter, and lost his life in 2001, in the line of duty. Daphne teaches 3rd grade, and always hoped her daughter would be a little more like her, and a little less like her father. She secretly fears her daughter is a lesbian, and what would she do, then?
Uncle Joe Walt was a career soldier, drafted in 1970, serving in Vietnam, and retiring in 2000. He grew up on the same street as Daniel Masters, attended school together, were drafted together, but Daniel left the Army as soon as he could, married his sweetheart Daphne Parks, and started a family. His first and only child, born after a series of miscarriages, was not the son he had hoped for, but he named her Josephine, regardless, and always called her Jo.
Uncle Joe returned in 2000 and Jo turned to Uncle Joe as a substitute father when Daniel died. Attending Wayne State University on a Track scholarship, Jo worked nights and weekends with Uncle Joe, helping him set up his shop and, later, shooting range. After graduation, she took a job full time in his shop. Since, she has begun buying her way into a partnership, with the intention that she take over when he retires.
She still runs regularly, rides a high performance motorcycle, and loves the smell of gun oil.
A few years ago, she was slipped a mickey and nearly raped. While she does not know it, she was rescued by Daniel, who taunted her assailants and drew them away. It landed him the hospital. It increased her interest in guns and is part of the reason why she still lives at home and doesn't go out very much at night.
- What is the worst thing I have done?
- Did not properly store a gun and a child accidentally shot it. No harm was done, but it was too close.
- What is the worst thing I can see myself doing?
- Violently over-reacting and misjudging the need for violence.
- What is the worst thing I can imagine someone doing?
- Causing deliberate harm (emotional, physical, etc) to a child.
- What has your character forgotten?
- Dreams a week before it happened of her father dying in the fire.
- What is the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to me?
- Nearly raped, saved by Daniel.
- Although, being "blissed out" by a Vampire while being eaten is a close second.
- Having her family home, with all its memories and treasures, burned down is up there, too.
Is she a lesbian? She don't date for years, and now she got a younger white boy in her bed. What's up with that?
For a little extra, you can buy off the books at the Gun Lobby...
Jo is in the pocket of that crime ring... have you met her cousin? That ain't no coincidence. And, the cops been investigating here. Did you see that crowd outside the Gun Lobby? Sure weren't there for old Joe!
She be pure Oreo. She be talkin' street like a second tongue, she got a white boy in her bed, and she hangs with old white money.
- Virtue: Just
- Vice: Vengeful
- Aspirations: List three short-to-medium term goals for your character. These may be in any arena of his life she considers important.
- Discover what happened to Dad
- Resolve the Danny Situation resolved
- Discover the truth about what she does not remember
- Convince Clara of the Truth resolved
- Obtain PI License
- What happened to Rebecca?
- Get wrapped up on my cousin's underworld business
- Establish a relationship with a supernatural being
- Discover the connection of the Shadow to Detroit.
- Integrity: 5
- Breaking Points:
- Causing harm through negligence or carelessness
- Violently over-reacting
- Witnessing harm to a child
- Moments of déjà vu
- Loss of memory
- Losing control of my body
- Possessions: St. Florian Medal pendant +1 vs possession, magnesium firestarter survivalist knife, scarf, older motorcycle, iPhone, Zombies! Run!, Consultant ID
- Weapons: Colt .45 (Heavy Pistol), Glock 17 (Light Pistol), Remington (Shotgun), .38 Special (Light Revolver)
- Other Notes: Starr Single Action .44 Civil War Revolver.
- From the Armory Silver Buckshot.
- Flaw: Description
- 1 Language: Spanish
- 3 Professional Training: Gun Store/Range Owner (Academic, Firearms, Streetwise; Business, Pistols, Shotguns, Canvassing)
- 2 Resources
- 2 Mentor: Uncle Joe. Mentor Skills: Crafts, Resources, Streetwise. Once per story a Mentor may use one of their Skills as a Favor for the PC, this is done with a number of automatic successes equal to the rating of the mentor.
- 1 Area of Expertise (pistols)
- 1 Quick Draw
- 1 Firefight
- 1 Language: Spanish
- 2 Police
- 2 Survivalists
- 2 Police
My police contact is primarily represented in the person of Officer Clara Belloni. Clara is part of the K-9 unit and has competed with Jo in competition shooting. They have professional respect for each other and a general liking. Recently, Clara realized that Jo is Up to Something regarding certain crimes, and warned her to stay clear of them.
Friends and Family
- Daphne Wilson Masters:
- Kiara Wilson Reed:
- Jasmine "Jazzy" Wilson - Jazzy is 14 and takes after her mother, which is just as well, given the persona non grata that is her father. She is serious and takes her Big Sister role seriously. She manages to avoid bossy only by being rational and caring. She winds up babysitting a lot, but she also gets paid for it. She has her own bank account, a debit card, and knows, to the last cent, the worth of her time.
- Micah Reed - Micah is 10 and spends his time taking things apart and putting them back together. He flatly refuses to look up blueprints or get advice, and I generally give him strange old electronics, toys, and other devices for his birthday. They usually don't work again the way they used to, but he has made a few franken-devices that are functional, if strange. He is dyslexic and loathes reading anything.
- Wilson "Wil" Reed - Wil is 9, has asthma and is the poster boy for books. He reads old Hardy Boys novels, the vintage ones, and spends time trying to turn them into graphic novels. He often helps Micah with his homework in exchange for chores. He will read the assignment and tell Micah what is important. I think he is likely to skip a grade, as he is learning everything his brother does.
- Jacob "Jake" Reed - Jake is 6 and is made of mischief. He will prank anyone and then give them an angels smile. If he had any malice, there would be no living with him. Instead, he pulls his jokes and then gives you a kiss.
- Angel Wilson:
In some ways, Angel reminds me of Jake. She has a sense of humor a mile wide, though it has gotten a bit sharper lately. Still, she can tell a joke that would make a Klansman smile. Her humor is natural, but is also a defense. After all, the laughing woman doesn't LOOK like a criminal, now does she? She has charmed her way out of trouble more than once, and she is quite loveable, even by Kiara who Disapproves.
- Joe Walt: Honorary Uncle - Owner of the shop, ex-military, disabled, second father.
- Karol: Running Partner - James' younger sister - 18 years old. Over-nighted with a vampire, but rescued.
- Stefan Walker:
- Javier Chavez:
- Jose Chavez:
- Madison Kent:
A description of your characters day to day life.
- Money: Carries a moderate amount of cash, a credit card with a low limit, and a debit card.
- Clothing & Jewelry: St. Florian medal, earrings, nose ring, rockin' scarf, and jangly braclets.
- Communication: iPhone, also an unused burner phone.
- Food: Protein Power Shake in the morning, lunch at a local diner or Chinese joint, dinner at the Danford House. Like to eat in with Danny, sometimes I also like to eat out. Still not big on alcohol.
- Housing: Taken residence at The Danford House, though not my legal residence.
- Days: Jogging in the morning, work during the day. Training when she is not too busy. Weekends usually involve something sporty, gunny, family-y, or Danny-y. Spending time working towards a PI license.
- Evenings: I like to spend time with Danny, watching movies or cuddling, or whatever. Still prefer to be home before dark, though for better reasons than before.
Quick Draw (•) (Purchased) Prerequisites: Wits •••, a Specialty in the weapon or fighting style chosen
Effect: Choose a Specialty in Weaponry or Firearms when you purchase this Merit. Your character has trained enough in that weapon or style that pulling the weapon is her first reflex. Drawing or holstering that weapon is considered a reflexive action, and can be done any time her Defense applies.
Area of Expertise (•) (Purchased) Prerequisite: Resolve •• and one Skill Specialty Effect: Your character is uncommonly specialized in one area. Choose a Specialty to assign to this Merit. Forgo the +1 bonus afforded by a Specialty in exchange for a +2."
Professional Training (Streetwise: Canvassing) (•••) (Purchased) Effect: Breadth of Knowledge: Due to advancement in her field, she's picked up a number of particular bits of information and skill unique to her work. Choose a third Asset Skill (Streetwise) and two Specialties (Canvassing, Shotguns) in your character's Asset Skills.
Investigation (•) (Purchased)
Firefight (Style, • to •••)