OotA Starting Bonds
From OakthorneWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Each player character must choose one of the following to start off the game with an additional Bond on their character sheet.
- Friend of the Kuo-Toa: You were once lost in the Underdark, and a group of kuo-toa helped you find your way out. You learned that there are kindly folk even among that otherwise mad race, and remain indebted to them for their aid.
- Melded with the Myconids: You once had the opportunity to meet a circle of myconids—the mushroom folk of the Underdark. They offered you shelter and a chance to “meld” using their telepathic spores, and you have yearned ever since to repeat that experience.
- Morista Malkin: One of your best friends in your youth was Morista Malkin, a shield dwarf and member of the Emerald Enclave. Though you haven’t seen her in years, you heard she found her way to the reclaimed dwarf hold of Gauntlgrym.
- Davra Jassur: You once worked for Davra Jassur, a Zhentarim “troubleshooter” recruiting promising new talent for the Black Network. She helped you get your start as an adventurer, and you owe her for that.
- Library Dream: You have long had a curious recurring dream about visiting a vaulted stone library in the depths of the Underdark, and becoming lost in the endless lore it holds.
- Kazook Pickshine: You studied with a deep gnome alchemist and miner named Kazook Pickshine, who saved your life once when a magical experiment went awry. Last you heard, his family controlled some of the largest mines in the deep gnome settlement of Blingdenstone.
- Feldrun Clan: What little you know about the Underdark, you learned from living and fighting alongside the Feldrun clan of dwarves. You swore an honor debt to the clan before they joined the forces retaking Gauntlgrym and established themselves there.
- Ghazrim DuLoc: Years ago, a vicious noble named Ghazrim DuLoc was implicated in the death of someone you cared about. The crime was covered up, though, and DuLoc disappeared. Rumor has it the Zhentarim aided his escape, but you’ve sworn to find him one day.
- My Family is Imprisoned: Years ago, you lost people you loved in a raid by creatures from the Underdark. They disappeared without a trace, either slain or taken into the depths, and you’ve always wondered whether they might still be alive and held as prisoners.
- Gauntlgrym: You know the dwarf hold of Gauntlgrym well, having fought alongside the dwarves to help reclaim it. King Bruenor Battlehammer congratulated you on your valor, and you know the price the dwarves paid in blood to regain their home.
- Seeker of the Lost Sword: Somehow you have come into the knowledge of an ancient blade meant for good: the sword Dawnbringer. You have followed clues of it into the Underdark, and as you have drawn closer, your intuition and faith tells you it is down here somewhere, nearby.
- Evemwyr: Library Dream.
- Brognac: Gauntlgrym.
- TOL LIZARD: Friend of the Kuo-Toa.
- Dune: Seeker of the Lost Sword.
- Shepherd: Kazook Pickshine