SW Finding Gear Restricted
From OakthorneWikiJump to navigationJump to search
These mechanics are for items that are Restricted.
How available a piece of equipment is depends on two things: its Rarity, and the place where they are being sought from.
Calculate Final Availability
- Find the Rarity of the equipment in question.
- Add in the Rarity Modifier of the location where you are searching for the item.
- Finally, add in a Condition Modifier, as follows:
- Superior Quality: For an item with the Superior Attachment (1 Hard Point), +2 Rarity, +5000 credits
- Roughed Up Quality: For an item with permanent Minor damage (add one to all rolls with it), -1 Rarity, 50% of normal cost.
- Junked Quality: For an item with permanent Moderate damage (add one to all rolls with it), -2 Rarity, 25% of normal cost.
- If the final Rarity is a 1 or less, you can automatically find it, at Brand New condition.
- If the Availability is 2 or higher, you will need to search for a seller.
Searching for a Seller
- Make a Knowledge (Underworld) check to find the item you are searching for. The Difficulty and Time spent searching depend on the Rarity, as below:
|0-1||Simple ( – )||One day|
|2-3||Easy ()||Two days|
|4-5||Average ()||Four days|
|6-7||Hard ()||One week|
|8-9||Daunting ()||One week|
|10+||Formidable ()||One week|
|You find the item, at the normal cost for that item.|
|For each additional success, you may:|
• Reduce Time of search by one day.
|• Buyer's Market. Reduce base price for item by 5%.|
|• Familiar Market. Gain + the next time you search for an item to purchase in this location.|
• Got the Goods. Get access to one attachment for the item of Rarity no greater than the item rarity, and up to 250cr in value (buy additional times to add +250cr to value)
|• New Friends. Gain a point of Underworld Contact Network appropriate to that location. Seller also begins as Aligned for the purpose of an Impressions check before Negotiation.|
|• Seller's Market. Increase base price for item by 10%.|
|• Sullied Name. Gain + the next time you search for an item to purchase in this location.|
• Long and Sour Memory. Whether or not the meet happens, you somehow manage to make an enemy in the area. If you have a Contact Network for Core Worlds, Outer Rim, or Xenology in that area, reduce it by 1. Seller also starts at Opposing for Impressions before a Negotiation check.
|• Sold Out! You have been betrayed, and the meet is actually an ambush by either your enemies or the local law enforcement.|
Buying the Item
- Once the item is found, it can simply be purchased at the available price.
- If a character wishes, they may attempt to haggle.
- The meeting occurs as agreed upon by the buyer and seller.
- Upon meeting the seller, the buyer (or his representative) must make an Impressions check.
- At the meet, either side may utilize Negotiation