Seferdah grew up in his family's Academy, and began training as a Sage. His father also initiated him into the priesthood of Aureaon, and hoped that someday he, with his brothers and sisters, would keep the family business going.
One day like any other Seferdah was cataloging scrolls. His family business bought and sold them, and a new shipment had come in from scavengers of the desert. One scroll in particular caught his eye, as it seemed less weathered than the rest. Looking carefully at it he could see it was sealed in wax with a remarkable seal, full of tiny writing. He took a magnifying glass and began to decipher the tiny script. It was written in Primordial, and reminded him of an ancient poem he had read just a week before. Absentmindedly he began reciting the poem out loud, and to his shock the writing began to pulse and glow, melting the wax. The scroll unfurled itself and caught on fire, the smoke filling the room then coalescing into a furious whirlwind with a figure in the middle. Seferdah trembled in fear as he realized this was a djinn of old. Remembering the last words of the ancient poem, Seferdah said in Primordial, "O, Shining Swift Wind of the Desert, hear my plea and have mercy on this mortal!"
At the words the djinn stiffened and the air in the room grew very still. "My apologies for my rudeness. You invoke the compacts of old, and I must reply in kind. You have freed me from a dread servitude, and you certainly deserve a boon. You shall have the Blessing of Head, Hands, and Heart."
And the djinn moved to Seferdah then and grabbed his hands. In Seferdah's left hand the djinn bound a wind to help, and in the right a wind to harm. The djinn then bent forward and the air contained a thousand distant voices. In Seferdah's left ear the djinn whispered the secret of a Curse to thwart his enemies. In his right he whispered the secret of Prophecy. But this secret was too much for Sefardah's mind, and it escaped into his dreams, where it remains to this day.
The djinn then moved towards Seferdah's heart and a look of surprise crossed his face. "I...cannot! Your heart, it is pure!" And with a final look of consternation the djinn grew more and more misty, until nothing remained.
To help disguise his new powers, Seferdah's father pulled some strings and got him admitted to the Cloister as an Aspirant. Balthazar is not happy with the way his son's life has gone so far, but Seferdah has vowed to redouble his studies and make him proud.
- Stat Bonuses: +1 STR, +1 CON
- Gain Feat: Grants one extra feat. (Magic Initiate (Warlock))
- Gain Skill: Grants one extra skill. (Perception)
- Spellcasting (Cleric): .
- Divine Domain (Knowledge): .
- Blessing of Knowledge: Learn two languages and two skills. Choose two skills from Arcana, History, Nature, or Religion. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for those skills (Arcana, Religion).
- Domain Spells (Knowledge): (1st: Command, Identify).
- Spellcasting (Wizard): .
- Arcane Recovery: Once per day after a short rest, you may regain half your wizard level in spell levels.
- Arcane Tradition (Divination):.
- Divination Savant: Copying Divination Spells into a spell book costs half time and gold.
- Portent: When you finish a long rest, roll two d20s and record the numbers rolled. You can replace any attack roll, saving throw, or ability check made by you or a creature that you can see with one of these foretelling rolls. You must choose to do so before the roll, and you can replace a roll in this way only once per turn. Each foretelling roll can be used only once. When you finish a long rest, you lose any unused foretelling rolls.
- Expert Divination:When I cast a divination spell, I recover a spell slot of a lower level than the one I cast.
- Researcher: When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it.
- Magic Initiate (Warlock): Learn two cantrips of your choice from the warlock spell list (Eldritch Blast, Mage Hand). In addition, choose one 1st-level spell from that same list (Hex). You learn that spell and can cast it at its lowest level. Once you cast it, you must finish a long rest before you can cast it again. Your spellcasting ability for these spells is Charisma.
- Money: 7330 gp; 90 sp; 70 cp, Platinum medal (1000 gp), Ebony Torc of the Queen's Own (500 gp)
- Carried Equipment: Breastplate +1; Shield +1; Cloth Bracer +1; Cloak of Protection; Boots of Elvenkind; Immovable Rod; Hat of Disguise; Holy Symbol: Amulet; Arcane Focus: Wand; Component Pouch; Signet Ring; Ring of Spell Storing; Pearl of Power; Bag of Holding; Waterskin; Healer's Kit; 2 Potions of Healing; Ink (1 oz); Ink Pen; Dagger; Scroll Case; 5 sheets of Parchment; Sealing Wax
- Outfits: Common clothing; Aureaon Vestments; White greeting robes (pants + tunic); Black robes (pants + tunic); Deep Blue robes (pants + tunic); Cloister robe (black, plush, light); Fighting robes (short shirt, +1 AC cloth bracers); Black and Silver Ball Robe
- Stored Equipment: Healer's kit; Calligrapher's Supplies; Cartographer's Tools; Spellbook; Backpack; Blanket, 10 candles; Tinderbox; Alms box; 2 blocks of incense; Censer; Vestments; 2 days of rations; Letter from dead colleague posing unanswered question; Scroll Case; 15 sheet of Parchment
- Desert Expedition Equipment: Riding Horse; Riding Saddle; Saddlebags; Healer's kit; Cartographer's Tools; Spellbook; Backpack; Blanket; Bedroll; Tent; 10 candles; 6 days of rations and feed; 2 Extra Waterskins; Scroll Case; 15 sheet of Parchment; Climber's Kit; 100' of silk rope; Clothes, travelers; Bullseye Lantern; Mess kit
- Magic Items: Pearl of Power; Ring of Spell Storing; Bag of Holding; Breastplate +1; Shield +1; Cloth Bracer +1; Cloak of Protection; Boots of Elvenkind; 3 Potions of Healing; Potion of Greater Healing; Ring of Darkvision; Immovable Rod; Hat of Disguise
- Clockwork Dragonfly: Rare, small figurine. At a command word, expands to large Dragonfly that can carry up to 5 medium humanoids. It has flight at speed 90 for up to 8 hours. To recharge, it must be in sunlight for 1D4 days.
- Boons: Krazar's Gift: Can be used 1/full moon. You can determine 1 fact about the next day, or as the Foresight spell for one combat encounter.
- Lifestyle: Modest
- # of Prepared Spells: 6 Cleric / 11 Wizard
- Magic Ability: Wisdom / Intelligence
- Saving Throw DC Total: Wisdom: 14 / Intelligence: 16
- Guidance (Divination)
- Sacred Flame (Evocation)
- Thaumaturgy (Transmutation)
- Eldritch Blast (Evocation)
- Mage Hand (Conjuration)
- Lightning Lure (Evocation) Range 60, Damage 2d8
- Message (Transmutation)
- Minor Illusion (Illusion)
- Prestidigitation (Transmutation)
Cleric Spells (6):
- Command (Domain)
- Identify (Domain) (R)
- Cure Wounds
- Guiding Bolt
- Healing Word
Wizard Spells (10):
- 1st level
- Absorb Elements
- Alarm (R)
- Charm Person
- Comprehend Languages (R)
- Detect Magic
- Disguise Self
- Expeditious Retreat
- Feather Fall
- Find Familiar (R)
- Fog Cloud
- Ice Knife
- Identify (R)
- Magic Missile
- Tasha's Hideous Laughter
- Tenser's Floating Disk (R)
- Unseen Servant (R)
- 2nd level
- Alter Self
- Cloud of Daggers
- Detect Thoughts
- Flaming Sphere
- Locate Object
- Magic Mouth (R)
- Mirror Image
- Misty Step
- Phantasmal Force
- See Invisibility
- 3rd level
- Dispel Magic
- Lightning Bolt
- Magic Circle
- 1st: 4
- 2nd: 3
- 3rd: 3
- 4th: 1
- Ability Scores: Strength 3 (–4), Dexterity 13 (+2), Constitution 8 (–1), Intelligence 2 (–4), Wisdom 12 (+1), Charisma 7 (–2)
- Hit Points: 1
- Armor Class: 11
- Speed: 5 ft. ground, 60 ft. fly
- Flyby: Provokes no opportunity attacks when it flies out of an enemy's reach.
- Keen Sight: Advantage on Perception (Wis) checks that rely on sight.
- Skills: Perception (+3), Stealth (+3)
- Senses: Darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 13
Hieronymus is a celestial spirit that currently takes the form of an desert owl. He has golden eyes and his plumage tends towards coppery and silvery tones. He constantly looks like he disapproves of you.
Your familiar acts independently, but always obeys your commands. In combat, it rolls its own initiative and acts on its own turn. A familiar cannot make attacks, but can take other actions as normal. Within 100 ft. of your familiar, you can communicate with it telepathically. As an action, you can see and hear through your familiar's senses until the start of your next turn, gaining the benefits of any special senses the familiar has. During this time, you are deaf and blind with regard to your own senses. Within 100 ft. of your familiar, you can have it deliver a touch attack spell on your turn. The familiar uses its reaction to deliver the spell as you cast it. If the spell requires an attack roll, you use your attack modifier for the roll. As an action, you can temporarily dismiss your familiar. While it's dismissed, you can cause it to reappear w/in 30 ft of you as an action. If your familiar drops to 0 HP, it disappears, leaving behind no physical form. Your familiar can't reappear until you recall it by casting Find Familiar again.
Dregden Sarash: Known Connection
Seferdah and Dregden are fellow Aspirants at the Cloister and had taken several classes together. One day as they were walking between classes they were attacked by a vampire spawn and an undead dire wolf that had escaped a nearby Azar-Haq trial. Working together, with Dregden's might and Seferdah's clerical magic and knowledge, they were able to defeat the vampire spawn. During the fight Seferdah was pinned down by the undead dire wolf, but Dregden was able to rescue him.
Since then Seferdah has had a bad case of hero worship for Dregden, following him around the Cloister and helping him whenever he can. Dregden knows that Seferdah has some clerical magic, and Seferdah knows that Dregden's blade is strangely powerful, but he doesn't know all of Dregden's secrets.
Durash: Known Connection
Seferdah's older brother Zekaiyel is a tower watchman in the tower closest to Bliss. He often goes there after work to have a drink and unwind. On paydays he sometimes orders other entertainments, one of his favorites being Durash. Seferdah has been to Bliss a few times to fetch Zekaiyel, and once, when he was unavoidably delayed, Zekaiyel sent Seferdah to Bliss to reserve his reservation with Durash. They spent almost an hour talking at the bar. Seferdah now understands his brother's infatuation, and Durash sees a future patron that may soon be wealthy and powerful.
Uruthal Silverhair (SilverWolf): Unknown Connection
Seferdah has a recurring dream: On a rocky plain of fire, a staff thrusts from the earth, pulsing red. Around it are indistinct figures made of fire. Sometimes the figures grow, looming over the staff. Sometimes, the staff becomes a mighty tree with falling leaves of fire. And sometimes, in the distance, there is a shadowy figure, not on fire, with an occasional silver glint.
Unbeknownst to Seferdah, Uruthal has seen this staff before in his travels, possessed by fire giants in the smoky lands to the south.
Balthazar: Seferdah's father, secret high priest of Aureaon, Headmaster of Halam's Academy. A distant, busy man, who has little time for Seferdah. He used to be intensely proud of how promising Seferdah's studies were, but now is troubled at the direction he is taking.