|Race: Lightfoot Halfling, Class: Rogue Arcane Trickster 7|
Background: Acolyte, Alignment: Chaotic Good
Patron Deity: Brandobaris
|Strength 8 (-1), Dexterity 18 (+4), Constitution 10;|
Intelligence 18 (+4), Wisdom 12 (+1), Charisma 14 (+2)
Saving Throws: Dexterity, Intelligence
Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Stealth (Dex)*, Sleight of Hand (Dex)*, Perception (Wis), Deception (Cha), Insight (Wis), Religion (Int)
Tools: Thieves' Tools*, Tinker's Tools, Remnant Runes*
Languages: Queen's Common, Cyrrollae (Halfling), Meliran (Elven), Dugmaril (Dwarven), BalGez'ir (Draconic), Aos-sidhe (Sylvan), Ros (Sign-language), Tianne
Armor: Light armor
Weapons: Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
|Lucky, Brave, Halfling Nimbleness, Naturally Stealthy, Expertise, Sneak Attack, Thieves' Cant, Cunning Action, Spellcasting
|Attacks: +4d6 Sneak Attack|
Armor Class: 17, Initiative: +4, Speed: 30
Hit Points: 45, Hit Dice: 8D8
|Personality Traits: Free-spirited and often reckless except when performing his duties as a priest. Strangers are potential sources of adventure and are not view with distrust initially.|
Ideals: There is more to the world besides Snood. Inquisitive. Curious. Remnant ruins must be dealt with to make the world safe
Bonds: Family is important. Sylvan friends. My Mentor.
Flaws: Will focus on new things and ignore the danger.
The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.
Life is an experiment in which you may fail or succeed. Explore more, expect least.
Father: Bungo 80 (Cidermaker, taproom overseer)
Mother: Poppy 76 (Innkeep and Cook)
Daughters: Marigold 42 (Proprietress of the Inn), Primrose 39 (Barkeep), Wren 36 (Inn and Taproom), Peridot 32 (Baker's Apprentice and Cook), The Twins Saffron (Taproom or Inn) & Belladonna (Inn or Taproom) 29
Sons:Talmarkin 24 (Priest of Brandobaris, Adventurer)
In-laws: Hamson 43 (Married to Marigold, Stablemaster), Odo 16 (Son of Marigold and Hamson, Stableboy), Malva 40 (Married/Partner to Primrose, Barkeep, Brewer), Dobo 16 (Son of Malva and Primrose, Taproom) Largo 32 (Married to Wren, Cook/Brewer), Drogo & Dora 8 (Twins, children of Largo and Wren)
Extended Family: Grandpa Holman 133 (Bungo's Father), Cade 78 (Bungo's Brother), Fosco 76 (Bungo's Brother), Alfrida 75 (Bungo's Sister), Lalia 74 (Bungo's Sister), Lavinia 84 (Poppy's Sister), Ponto 83 (Poppy's Brother), Rosamunda 81 (Poppy's Sister), Magnus 79 (Poppy's Brother), Hending 77 (Poppy's Brother)
Extended family either works in the orchard or has moved to other halfling communities to start orchards/inns of their own.
Family Riding Dogs
- Caddock Appleslayer
The Applesmiths have a curious custom which has been in place since the founding of the family. Anyone marrying into the family takes on the name of Applesmith, be they man or woman, they become an Applesmith. The first Applesmith was Lobelia Applesmith, the Grand Dam of the entire Applesmith line. She started the orchard on her own after discovering a grove of bittersweet apple trees above the city of Isarae. Eventually she expanded the orchard and took a husband, and eventually having children. As her family grew, she branched out into cider making and started the legacy of Applesmith Cider. The name Applesmith means something in this area and so far no one has had any reason to try and change it. Rarely an individual has left Snood to travel, and may have changed their family name, but the hobbits in Snood keep the family name.
The Applesmith brand has two distinct ciders, a dry and a sweet. Both are highly prized by innkeeps from Mehthris and Malduahr, and even further afield. Malva is working with Bungo and the orchard growers to create another brew based off a new cider apple she had imported by the traders.
While the Applesmiths are one of the wealthiest families in the area, they are not above their neighbors. When Isarae was destroyed they welcomed the refugees who fled up the mountain and gave the people a place to recover, a place to work, and eventually a place to live. They aren't lavish or boastful fold, but rather sensible. The things they purchase may be more expensive, those things they can't get from other townsfolk, but they are also sturdy and well build.
Talmarkin is the seventh child of Bungo and Poppy Applesmith, a well regarded and hobbit clan best known for their hospitality and cider. Being the youngest of seven children, with adult siblings, Talmarkin learned how to be unobtrusive at a very young age. You could say his training as a rogue started at home, learning to dodge angry sisters, hide from searching parents, and nicking food from the kitchens without being caught.
One of the best places to hide, much to the consternation of Wren and Peridot (often tasked to watch him and the twins), was to escape to the old forest. Since the age of 4 Talmarkin has wandered the dark sylvan expanse, his forays going further and further afield as he grew older.
Weight: 38 lbs.
- Ability Score Increase Your Dexterity score increases by 2.
- Lucky When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll.
- Brave You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
- Halfling Nimbleness You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
- Lightfoot Traits:
- Ability Score Increase Your Charisma score increases by 1.
- Naturally Stealthy You can attempt to hide even when you are obscured only by a creature that is at least one size larger than you.
Prerequisite: Dwarf, gnome, or halfling
- You are uncommonly nimble for your race. You gain the following benefits:
- Increase your Strength or Dexterity score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- Increase your walking speed by 5 feet.
- You gain proficiency in the Acrobatics or Athletics skill. If you’re already proficient in the skill, your proficiency bonus is doubled for any check you make with it.
- You have Advantage on any Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) checks you make to escape from being grappled.
- You have studied languages and codes, gaining the following benefits:
- Increase your Intelligence score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You learn three languages of your choice.
- You can ably create written ciphers. Others can’t decipher a code you create unless you teach them, they succeed on an Intelligence check (DC equal to your Intelligence score + your proficiency bonus), or they use magic to decipher it.
- Int +1
- Advantage on Swimming Checks
- Expertise Thieves' Tools, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Remnant Runes
- Sneak Attack Beginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe’s distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon.
You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.
The amount of the extra damage increases as you gain levels in this class, as shown in the Sneak Attack column of the Rogue table.
- Thieves’ Cant During your rogue training you learned thieves’ cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves’ cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.
In addition, you understand a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves’ guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.
- Cunning Action Starting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a bonus action on each of your turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.
- Roguish Archetype Arcane Trickster
- Spellcasting Ability
- Mage Hand Legerdemain Starting at 3rd level, when you cast mage hand, you can make the spectral hand invisible, and you can perform the following additional tasks with it:
- • You can stow one object the hand is holding in a container worn or carried by another creature.
- • You can retrieve an object in a container worn or carried by another creature.
- • You can use thieves’ tools to pick locks and disarm traps at range.
- You can perform one of these tasks without being noticed by a creature if you succeed on a Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check contested by the creature’s Wisdom (Perception) check.
In addition, you can use the bonus action granted by your Cunning Action to control the hand.
- Uncanny Dodge Starting at 5th level, when an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack’s damage against you.
- Evasion Beginning at 7th level, you can nimbly dodge out of the way of certain area effects, such as a red dragon’s fiery breath or an ice storm spell. When you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail.
Spell save DC: 15
Spell attack modifier: +7(+8)
Spells Known/Spell Slots
Cantrips: Fire Bolt, Mage Hand, True Strike
1st Level: Chromatic Orb, Silent Image, Tasha's Hideous Laughter
2nd Level: Backbiter, Rope Trick
- 103 CP
- 31 SP
- 657 GP
- 27 PP
- 4 Gold Trade Bars (100 GP each)
- 24 Silver Trade Bars (100 SP each)
- Studded Leather (Gamoured, always had a cat's head) 12 + 1 + Dex (17)
- Component Pouch
- Gloves of Thievery
- Thieves' Tools
- Hand Crossbow
- Backpack - Burglar's Pack
- Includes a backpack, a bag of 1,000 ball bearings, 10 feet of string, a bell, 5 candles, a crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, a hooded lantern, 2 flasks of oil, 5 days rations, a tinderbox, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
- 2 Bolt Case
- 3 Healing Potions
- 1 Potion of Greater Healing
- 2 Smoke bomb
- Ranged Area Attack. This small clay sphere is lled with smooth powders that react to contact with open air. When the sphere is cracked (which can be accomplished by throwing or stomping on the sphere quite hard), it creates a cloud of acrid smoke in a 20 foot radius, causing the area to become heavily obscured. It lasts for 5 minutes or until a wind of moderate or greater speed (at least 10 miles per hour) disperses it.
- Ingram Rune Key
- A pen-knife - Bought from the tinker.
- A skull of a goblin - Tangle brought it to me.
- Isinae Music Box - Plays an image of an Isur "singing"
- Golem - "Mother" contacted me through it. She is trapped.
- Update #1 - The golem can be connected to the Roken Network, that is where Mother is trapped.
- Update #2 - The Roken Network has the memory/virtual souls of the Gatekeepers (Modified Roken who were like me) that were in the Network with the Ancient Apocalypse happened.
- Update #3 - The Mother is more than likely the Mother of the Arkaigin(?) according to Lord Yu's Chosen.
- Update #4 - I am the reborn soul of a Gatekeeper, stripped from it's phylactery and shoved into a Hobbit by the first re-settlers of our world. Lord Yu and his keepers refer to me as the Farwanderer Abomination.
- Promise of Ingram research from Sutanda (Horse dude)
- Boon from Odana Pollywug of the Academy
- Galvorn (Remnatite) Communicator/Radio
- Allows instant communication with other linked communicators.
- When Attuned, allows user to teleport to other linked communicators.
- When Attuned, allows VIP access to Rhoken network.
- Potions of Healing: x3 Heals 2d4+2 per vial.
- Gloves of Thievery
- These gloves are invisible while worn. While wearing them, you gain a +5 bonus to Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) checks and Dexterity checks made to pick locks.
- Extra quality: Each glove has an extra dimensional pocket hidden in them, allowing you to store one hand held item in each glove, a key, tools, a short sword, bottle of cider, etc. Bonus action to retrieve. Short sword is about as large as it can do.
- Left Glove: Wand of the War Mage
- Right Glove: Hand Crossbow with 1 Bolt loaded
- Wand of Web (Attuned)
- This wand has 7 charges. While holding it, you can use an action to expend 1 of its charges to cast the web spell (save DC 15) from it.
- The wand regains 1d6 + 1 expended charges daily at dawn. If you expend the wand’s last charge, roll a d20. On a 1, the wand crumbles into ashes and is destroyed.
- Ashen Blindfold
- While wearing, you have darkvision out to a range of 60 feet. If you already have darkvision wearing increases its range by 60 feet.
- While in sunlight, the wearer has disadvantage on attack rolls, as well as on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
- Talmarkin's Wooden Glasses
- Carved from the branch of a Dryad Oak with clear crystal lenses
- While wearing, you can comprehend any written language.
- Glamoured Faery Armour - Thank you gift from Baron Marvelous
- Armor 12
- +1 AC
- You can also use a bonus action to speak the armor's command word and cause the armour to assume the appearance of a normal set of clothing or some other kind of armour. You decide what it looks like, including color, style, and accessories, but the armour retains its normal bulk and weight. The illusory appearance last until you use this property again or remove the armor. Must always have a black cat head somewhere present on the armour.
- Enchanted walking stick - will always guide us back to the Firbolg village as long as we are within the forest.
- Wand of Mythril and applewood (Attuned)
- Wand of the War Mage +1. While holding this wand, you gain a +1 bonus to spell attack rolls. In addition, you ignore half cover when making a spell attack.
- Cloak of the Grey Eagle (Attuned)
- Reversable Grey feathered cloak with a bright yellow lining.
- While you wear this cloak with its hood up, Wisdom (Perception) checks made to see you have disadvantage, and you have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made to hide, as the cloak's color shifts to camouflage you. Pulling the hood up or down requires an action.
- Transform into a Grey Eagle, takes one minute to shift between forms. Unlimited duration.
- Scroll of Sending (3rd-level Evocation) x1
- Scroll of Protection from Good/Evil (1st-level Abjuration) x1
- Quill of Dictation (Wonderous Item, Common)
- A quill enchanted to take dictation. The quill is commonly enchanted with the activation phrase "take a note" and stops with the phrase "quill down." It will write down everything the caster says thereafter until an inkpot is no longer within three feet of the quill or out of ink. Otherwise the quill will periodically continue to scribe things out.
- Talmarkin's Remnant Journal (0/200Pages) Octavo, fine wood sealing cover, simple Bandobaris symbol inlay in bronze, 2 Locks (DC 25), Minor Properties (Compass, Delver, Gleaming), immunity (fire and water), levitating
Hero Points: 3
I know these guys
Dolgrim Margrave - Dwarf cleric of dead things, a little ooogie boogie, but he's good folk. We've seen some shit together. His family are the only dwarves around and they make great shoes.
Enkohl - Newly arrived in town a few weeks back. They're dragon like! But people.
Alfondir - New guy. Don't know anything about him. He dresses fancy though.
Zomok Gremlinbane - Chernomoi male
Tangle - Faerie Dragon female, Yellowish Green
Rhiel - Furbolg male
Forsythia - My rogue/priest mentor
Viszkos - Earth Genasi Tinker
Ollie Applecore - Hobbit friend from youth
Sutanda - Hyndo Remnant artifact trader (Mentor for Remnant Runes)
Baron Marvelous, Master of the Old Forest River Banks, and Consort of the Moon a.k.a. Lil' Pretty - Caitsith - Gang of Nixies - Bully
Between Level 3 -> Level 4
- 60/70 days toward learning Tianne Complete
Between Level 4 -> Level 5
- 70/70 days toward learning Tianne Complete
- 50/70 days toward learning Tinker Tools Complete
Between Level 5 -> Level 6
- 70/70 days toward learning Tinker Tools Complete
- 45/250 days toward repairing Golem (Have helpers)
Between 11/5 game and 11/19 Game
- 40/70 days toward learning Remnant Runes Complete
- 85/250 days toward repairing Golem (Helpers)
Between 11/19 game and 12/17 game
- 95/250 days toward repairing Golem (Helpers)
- 50/70 days toward learning Remnant Runes Complete
Between 12/17 game and 1/28 game
- 135/250 days toward repairing Golem (Helpers, last of their help)
- 70/70 days toward learning Remnant Runes Complete
- 20/70 days toward Vol
Between 1/28 game and 2/11(?) game
Creating Magic Items
- Rokan Builder Golem: 590gp /1000 gp • 135/250 days • Rokan Forged Piece (CR 10 challenge • Non-proficient Dex Check)
Level 3 -> Level 4
- Squat Nimbleness feat taken
- 6 HP
Level 4 -> Level 5
- Uncanny Dodge
- Profeciency Bonus +1
- Sneak Attack +1D6
- 5 HP
Level 5 -> Level 6
- Expertise (Stealth, Remnant Runes)
- 5 HP
- Replace Blade Ward with True Strike
Level 6 -> Level 7
- 5 HP
- 2nd Level Spells: Backbiter and Rope Trick