"insert telling quote here: Theren was born to a clan of elves in a forest far from Amareth. During a great journey, Theren was separated from his family during a intense flash flood, washed out to sea, and eventually came to shore in Amareth. After coming ashore, he was discovered by a monk from the Order of the Rose. The only tie he had to his family was a seemingly ordinary sword hilt. Since arriving in Amareth, Theren has struggled with disturbing visions of the future, which often come in the guise of intensely real dreams, and unexplainable bloodthirsty thoughts. While he strives for inner peace through the Order's teachings, he still has difficulty maintaining the peaceful demeanor one would typically expect of a monk. Currently Theren is traveling in search of a solution to his horrifying visions and turbulent thoughts. During his journeys thus far, he has been able to reconnect with his Elvish heritage, learn the ways of the woods, and discovered that the trinket from his past was a magical sword that produced a blade of keen radiant energy.
5'8" Tall, 156lbs, slender and athletic. Fine elven features with long, brown hair put into a braid with a small blade on the end. Steel grey eyes. He wears blue and white robes, cut to maintain his flexibility in motion, and lightly armored shin/forearm guards. He also wears an ornate scarf which seems to almost imperceptively move to intercept things which attempt to harm him.
- Dark vision: 60ft
- Fey Ancestry: Advantage on saving throws vs charm. Can't be put to sleep magically.
- Trance: Don't need to sleep. Meditate deeply for 4 hours.
- Fleet of Foot: Base walking speed 35.
- Mask of the Wild: Can attempt to hid even when only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow and other natural phenomena.
- Unarmored DefenseWhile not wearing armor, AC = 10+Dex+Wiz.
- Martial ArtsWhile unarmed or using monk weapon: Can use Dex instead of Str for attack and damage rolls. Can roll d8 in place of damage on unarmed strike or monk weapon (changes with lvl). When using Attack action with unarmed strike or monk weapon, can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action.
- KiSpend Ki points for actions. Ki save 8+proficiency+wis bonus.
- Flurry of Blows - 1 ki point to make 2 unarmed strikes as bonus actions.
- Patient Defense - 1 ki point to take the dodge action as a bonus action.
- Step of the Wind 1 ki point to take the Disengage or dash action and jump distance is doubled as a bonus action.
- Deflect MissilesCan use reaction to deflect or catch missile when hit by ranged weapon. Damage reduced by 1d10+dex mod+monk lvl. If reduced to 0 you can catch if you can hold by 1 hand and can spend 1 ki to make an attack with it as part of the reaction (missile counts as monk weapon for attack).
- 'Slow FallCan use reaction to reduce falling damage by 5xmonk level
- Extra attackAttack action grants 2 attacks
- Stunning Strike1 ki point. Target must make con save or be stunned until end of next turn.
- Ki-Empowered Strikesunarmed strikes are magical for overcoming resistance to nonmagic attacks and damage.
- EvasionWhen subject to effect that requires a dex save to take half dmg, take none if successful, half if not.
- Stillness of MindSpend action to end charm or frightened effect
- Purity of BodyImmune to disease and poison.
- Way of the Open HandMonastic Tradition
- Open hand techniques - When using Flurry you can use one of these effects on the target: It must suced on a dex save or be knocked prone, it must make a str save or you can push it up tot 15 feet away, it can't take reactions until end of next turn.
- Wholeness of Body Can regain 3x monk level HP. Can't use again until a long rest.
- Tranquility - special meditation. At end of long rest gain the effect of a sanctuary spell. Saving throw DC = ki save.
- Discovery. Know some big secret about the world
Observant:Increae Int or Wis by 1. Can read a creatures lips if they are speaking a language you understand. +5 Bonus to passive Wis (Perception) and passive Int (Investigation) scores. Mobile:+10 Speed, When using Dash difficult terrain doesn't cost extra movement, after making a melee attack don't provoke opportunity attacks from target until end of turn. Savage Attacker:Once per turn can reroll weapon damage dice and use either result.
- Moneys: silver; 1000 gold
- Carried Equipment: Sunblade
- Stored Equipment: Herbalism kit
Other Important Individuals
Projects, Goals and/or Downtime
- Updated Last: 07.08.2015