WNH Ship Repairs
By and large, most ships are repaired by the application of skilled workers, raw materials, and time.
- Crews: A ship repair crew consists of at least one worker skilled with carpenter's tools, and a minimum of four others to assist them. Each such team can repair one hit point per day to a ship's hull or other components.
- Typical Cost: 1gp - 3gp per hit point restored. There is no additional cost if the repair crew is made up of ship's crew. This amount is folded into the cost for repair crews, however.
If the ship's hit points are above the halfway point, the ship doesn't need to be put into drydock – repairs are possible while the ship is moored normally.
- Typical Cost: 7gp - 10gp per day for a crew of shipwrights.
If the ship's hit points have dropped below the half-way mark, it must be put up in a drydock to repair it at least to 50% hit points.
- Typical Cost: 1gp - 3gp per day for a ship berthed at drydock. This does not include the cost of repair crews.
- Mending: Mending can be used to repair light damage to a ship – that is, a ship component that has taken one third of its hit point total in damage or less. Using mending in this way repairs one hit point per minute of focused work with the cantrip.
- Hiring Magicians: A magician capable of using mending can command between 1-5gp per hit point repaired.