The contents of this page focus on the ritual magic of the Wardens setting, specifically that which is capable using the Ritualist Advantage.
Calculate Power Point Cost
- Determine the Power Point cost of the formula you want to use in this casting.
- Generally, this means deciding what Rank you want the Effect(s) at, and figuring up that final Power Point Cost.
Performing the Ritual takes two things: Time and an Expertise: Magic check.
A ritual takes 10 minutes per Point Point of the Effect you want.
- You may reduce the Time Rank of the ritual by one Rank for every -5 penalty you take to the Check.
This is an Expertise: Magic check, made at the end of the Time.
- If you reduced the Time to perform the ritual, take a -5 per Time Rank you reduced it by.
- Team Checks: Others with the Expertise: Magic skill can help you perform the ritual, as a Team Check.
- Assistants make a DC 10 Expertise: Magic check.
- Any degrees of success grant you a +2 to the check, or a +5 if three or more total degrees of success are accrued all together.
The DC for this ritual is 10 + Power Point Cost of the ritual.
- This can be made as a Routine Check, if desired (instead of rolling, you may assume that you got a total check of 10 + your Experise: Magic ranks).
- Success: If successful, you gain use of this magical Effect for a single scene, invoked during this Chapter.
- If you wish to use it again during the Chapter, you may do so by spending a Hero Point.
- Failure: On a failure, the magic is not invoked properly, and it dissipates harmlessly.
- If you gain 3 or more degrees of failure, a magical backlash occurs.
Casting On The Fly (Fast Rituals)
Instead of a lengthy magic working, you can spend a Hero Point to quickly tap into the world's ambient magic and your own arcane talent and quickly throw together a magical Effect.
- You do not need a formula. Figure out the Effect and its full Power Point Cost.
- Time: This takes one round per Power Point of the effect you want. You may not reduce this time further.
- Check: This is an Expertise: Magic check, made at the end of the Time. Neither Routine nor Team Checks apply.
- DC: The DC for this is 15 + Power Point Cost of the Effect.
- Success grants you use of the ability immediately upon completing the casting.
- Magical backlashes happen on two or more degrees of failure.