Scion of Hades
- Excerpt from an interview with Entertainment Weekly after Zoe's wildly successful debut movie, Balderdash:
EW: Tell us a bit about your childhood, Zoe.
Zoe: I was born into a bland world with tiresome people who always thought their story deserved more pity than the next. So forgive me if I don't dig into my teary-eyed history. The present is far more entertaining, I can promise you.
EW: Well this is your opportunity to tell your history as you saw it. We would never press, but our readers are definitely curious as to where this new young starlet came from.
Zoe: <sighs> I suppose that is what this interview is all about. Well my childhood was spent all over the country with Uncle Mark. We would travel from town to town. I would meet a lot of new people and hear so many stories. I made friends quickly and they always seemed to last, regardless of how far apart we were. I always had that knack of drawing others to me. Mark always told me I had charisma.
EW: Uncle Mark?
Zoe: For all I know, my birth father was a carny <wry smile>... he was never mentioned. My mother died when I was 5, and at the time she was planning to marry Mark. Mark, being the sweetheart of a man that he was, took me in and claimed me as his daughter, but never felt comfortable with me calling him 'Dad'. So it was always 'Mark' or 'Uncle Mark'.
EW: That must have been a rough childhood.
Zoe: Hardly. I had a blast. Mark was... well, for lack of a better term, a con artist. We would wander into a town, posing as different people and convincing them (quite successfully I might add) to give us money for this project or that charity. We would never hit up the locals... always the wealthy tourists, partly because we knew they wouldn't stick around long enough to discover the reality of the con. As a child, I had so much fun pretending to be things I wasn't. I suppose it's where my acting skills developed.
Of course I realized later that what we were doing was very illegal. When I turned 12 and could no longer deny my conscience, I stopped pulling cons with Mark. I loved him, and appreciated his desire to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table, so I never said anything or ratted him out to anyone. But the law caught up with him... and when I was 15, he was put in jail for an incredibly long time by a judge who wanted to make an example out of him. I don't question the actions of our legal system. Mark was in the wrong, and we both knew it. I just miss him.
It was after his trial and sentence that I had to find a way to use my talents and make money doing it or find myself on the streets. Acting is a con job, no? We as actors convince you that the story we portray is real, to draw you in emotionally and tie you to our characters.. make you root for us. So you can see how I naturally fit into this profession. Had I not been found by my agent, Martin Laurel, I would probably have gotten into some sort of trouble myself by now.
- Excerpts from a recent interview between Entertainment Weekly and director, Ron Howard, regarding some chaos during production of his newest film, Harvest:
EW: We understand that Zoe Parker was supposed to play the lead in this film. Can you give us details regarding what happened and why she chose to step down from this role?
Ron: I was very excited about having Zoe play 'Margaret'. She is vibrant and can play nearly any role with exceptional skill and respect for the writing. But about three weeks into production, all chaos broke loose on the set. It was rumored by a lot of the crew that our set was haunted. Various reports where crew and cast would see people wandering the set, go to check it out and end up injuring themselves without remembering what caused it. The worse case was Ryan Reynolds, who was slated to play the male lead. After a brief romantic relationship with Zoe, he was found with a broken leg and pelvis under his own car... as though it had rolled back over him, though he was found under it, with the engine running and set to "park".. Ryan swears he saw no one in the car or nearby afterwards... that the car revved up and ran over him, like a scene from "Christine."
Well, Zoe fell into a deep depression after that and told me that she felt it was her fault for Ryan's and the crew's accidents. I tried to assure her that there was no way she could be "jinxing" the set, but she insisted on leaving, regardless of the legal issues and media responses to such a move.
EW: Zoe has all but disappeared since that time. Any knowledge on what happened? We understand you had a pretty strong friendship with the rising actress.
Ron: We did. Not much has been seen or heard from her since that time. All my attempts at contacting her have been answered with a lot of confusion. She informs me she is alive and well, living with her sister, who I didn't even know existed. [EDIT: Entertainment Weekly also can find no record of Zoe ever having a sister. We assume this may be a label much like her "Uncle Mark" reference in a previous EW interview.] It seems that Hollywood has yet another victim of the stressful life of a young movie actress. She had a very promising career, but her recent behavior has all but gotten her black-listed from Hollywood. I feel for her and hope her the best wherever she lands next. She is a survivor, she will do fine.
- Calling: Starlet; Nature: Trickster
- Attributes: Str 1, Dex 3, Sta 3; Cha 5, Man 2, App 4; Per 3, Int 3, Wits 3
- Abilities: Academics 3, Art: Acting 2, Athletics 1, Awareness 4, Command 5, Empathy 3, Fortitude 1, Investigation 3, Larceny 1, Marksmanship 3, Occult 1, Presence 5, Stealth 3
- Legend: 4
- Boons: Arete Command 3 (Pantheon 3), Arete Presence 2 (Pantheon 2)
- Epic Attributes: Epic Charisma (3), Epic Appearance (2), Epic Intelligence (1), Epic Wits (1)
- Knacks: Blessing of Importance (Epic Charisma), Charmer(Epic Charisma), Pied Piper(Epic Charisma), Perfect Actor(Epic Appearance), Lasting Impression(Epic Appearance), Language Mastery(Epic Intelligence), Social Chameleon(Epic Wits)
- Willpower: 7
- Virtues: Expression 4, Intellect 3, Valor 1, Vengeance 1
- Join Battle: 7; Soak: 3B/2L/0A; Armor: Bullet-Proof Body Armor: 2B/2L, Mobility -0, Fatigue 1; Dodge DV: 4; Parry DV: 3; Move: 3 yds; Dash: 9 yds; Jump: 2 yards vertical, 4 yards Horizontal
- Health Levels: -0 / -1 / -1 / -2 / -2 / -4 / Inc.
- Languages Known: English, Spanish, French
- Other Notes:
- Zoe has two relics as follows:
- Tartarus (Relic 1): Purview: Darkness
- Elysion (Relic 1): Purview: Death
- Zoe has two birthrights as follows:
- Keros (Follower 4)
- Shinobi (Followers 3)
- Zoe has two relics as follows:
Spent: 42; Unspent: 8