“In the wind of the mind arises the turbulence called I. It breaks; down shower the barren thoughts. All life is choked. This desert is the abyss wherein the Universe. The Stars are but thistles in that waste. Yet this desert is but one spot accursed in a world of bliss” ~Therion The Great.
- First vagabond, then Paladin of Loki, Thrax spent much of his teenage and young adult years with the love of his life, Mirah. It was her that first taught him the skill to blend in & take what he wanted. No matter what, they had each other. One dreadful night while working a mark, Thrax and Mirah were separated--he heard her scream first, turned a corner and saw her throat being slit by a rival criminal. He had miscalculated, he was too late. Rage-filled, Thrax reached out through his pain and touched something very old and powerful. It filled him with new power, which he used to slay not only the rival thief, but also his two guards. Thrax now travels the world selling his secrets for the highest bidder. He may be persuaded to do more, if it suits him and is in his best interests.
- Polymorph: As an action, Polymorph into any medium creature w/o expending slots of any form.
- +1 Charisma
- Defensive Fighting Style: +1 AC.
- Lay on Hands: (30 HP Pool) .
- Divine Health: .
- Divine Smite: .
- Divine Health:Immune to Disease.
- Oath of Vengence Abjure enemy: As an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer of denunciation, using your of you that you can see. That creature must make a frightened. Fiends and undead have disadvantage on this saving throw. On a failed save, the creature is frightened for 1 bonus to its speed.On a successful save, the creature’s speed is halved for 1 minute or until the creature takes any damage; Oath of Enmity: As a bonus action, you can utter a vow of enmity against a creature you can see within 10 ft. of you, using your channel divinity. You gain advantage on attack rolls against the creature for 1 minute or until it drops to 0 HP or falls unconscious.
- Otherworldy Patron:Ancient unknown Primordial (The Great Old One)
- Awakened Mind: Communicate with any creature telepathically. Range: 30ft.
- Pact of the Blade: You can use your action to create a pact weapon in your empty hand. You can choose the form that this melee weapon takes each time you create it; you are proficient while you wield it. This weapon counts as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage. Your pact weapon disappears if it is more than 5 feet away from you for 1 minute or more. It also disappears if you use this feature again, if you dismiss the weapon.You can transform one magic weapon into your pact weapon by performing a special ritual while you hold the weapon. You perform the ritual over the course of 1 hour, which can be done during a short rest. You can then dismiss the weapon, shunting it into an extra-dimensional space, and it appears whenever you artifact or a sentient weapon in this way. The weapon ceases being your pact weapon if you die, if you perform a 1-hour ritual to break your bond to it. The weapon appears at your feet if it is in the extra-dimensional space when the bond breaks.
- Eldritch Invocations:Agonizing Blast~ Add Char. bonus to Eldritch Blast cantrip damage on hit. Devils Sight~See normally in the dark (including magical darkness) Range: 120ft. Thirsting BladeAttack twice on Pact Blade Attack Action.
- Spy (Criminal Background Feature):
- As Thrax is a Doppelganger, he has a myriad of appearances that he can assume. For the purposes of simplicity and creativity, only his main faces are recorded here.
Natural Form "Thrax" (Human Male)
My First Face
Found on the face of a dying boy, this was the form he first coalesced into. He stumbled upon the boy while wandering the forest alone after his birth. Mimicking the boys voice, he sat down and held him as he died. He asked the boy why, and he told him a tale of the boy escaping from and being hunted down by a twisted cleric who served only his own advancement, who wanted the boy as his personal sex slave. Having this interaction at a very early age was one of the foundational occurrences to shape the paladin aspect of Thrax. He does serve the universe, just not in the manner most are used to. In this form, Thrax is at his most honest, and most emotionally available.
Darshinian (Female Half-Elf) "Olivia"
My Muse; The Lady
His beloved Mirah. The one who taught him everything he knows about being a spy. He wears the form of her body as a memorial to her. This is one of his most deadly and devious forms; in life, Mirah often criticized Thrax for being to soft, too compassionate--in death, he is convinced of the importance of hardness and it is in this form that this conviction is at it's deadliest. Everyday he strives to be as good as she was. Mirah wasn't a Doppelganger like Thrax, and as such was able to blend in and assume the identities through nothing but her own cunning and skill. Thrax may never love again, as he struggles with outward feelings of shame, and inner feelings of guilt and failure.
Asana (Male Elf) "Faerix"
Near his 20's Thrax came upon a great battle between an adventurer and a great beast. By this time he had learned not to jump into battle head-first just to save someone's life--there are always reasons that bring someone into mortal danger; he knew it is better to wait and discern what really is going on. So, he watched. He watched the talented fighter battle valiantly, and die. He then killed the beast himself, used it's animal material for food, took the possessions of the fallen warrior, and buried him with high honors to Loki. He honors the fighters strength, stamina, and beauty by wearing his visage. In this form Thrax tends to boast, make merry, sleep around, and live as both wildly and grandiose as he can.
"Vera The Bloody" Threxen (Female Human)
Queen of Tears
Threxen (Male Human) "Lawless"
The Mysterious Leader
Threxen (Male Human) "Sticks"
"The Blind Monk
Hoventi (Male Half-Orc) "Hawk"
The Bleeding Heart
"Matron Cartwright" Vaalar (Female Mountain Dwarf)
The Socialite; Keeper of Secrets
Vaalar (Male Mountain Dwarf) "Ogen"
The Everyday Man
The Brotherhood is an spy organization made up of some of Thrax's persona's. He uses this organization as an additional cover for his real identity as a Doppelganger, and as a front for all of his criminal activity. Below, you will find a list of which personas currently make up The Brotherhood by order of their importance and power, as well as their position within the organization. Thrax has thought about the potential benefits and the potential issues that may come about from recruiting others for the organization; he's still discerning whether or not to do so. Look in the Personas section above for additional information.
- Lawless: "The Mysterious Leader"
- Sticks: "The Blind Monk"
- Vera The Bloody: "The Destroyer"
- Olivia: "The Chandler"
- Matron Cartwright: "Keeper of Secrets"
- Hawk: "The Bleeding Heart"
- Ogen: "The Everyday Man"
- None Currently
- Bag of Holding
- Mithral Breastplate
- Ring of Protection
- 10 Holy symbols worn together in a long bracelet that he wears wrapped around his left forearm and wrist.
- Arcane Focuses: 3 Crystals; one worn around neck on a necklace, one as part of a bracelet worn on left wrist, and one as a long necklace that he keeps under his breastplate.
Possessions On Mount (A black chocobo)
Other Important Individuals
Projects, Goals and/or Downtime
- 09.25.2015: x