Bad Moon Over Astoria
A World of Darkness Chronicle, set in Astoria, Oregon
I see the bad moon arising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earthquakes and lightnin'.
I see those bad times today.
Don't go around tonight,
Well it's bound to take your life,
There's a bad moon on the rise.
Bad Moon Rising
The events of the Bonfire Party left their mark on the University of Astoria and many of its students. With the sudden plunge into a world of supernatural predators, the small Astoria pack has seen death aplenty: that of their enemies, and of their closest friends. Though their survival was sometimes in doubt, the Astoria pack made it through the autumn, and have settled into their territory with winter's arrival.
Now, Christmas is past, and the University returns to classes for its Winter Term. And while it seems that Volk's pack have retreated to their territory to lick their wounds and prepare for the worst, it's clear there is a new threat in town: the family of hunters known as the Monks. Their desire to keep Astoria free of werewolves was so strong that even the powerful alpha Volk tried to keep them happy. What happens now when they turn their fanatical, violent attention toward the Astoria pack itself? And why exactly are they so intent on keeping Astoria wolf-free?
- Abe Evans, orphaned teen trying to dodge the foster system; played by Chillos
- Warner Pelt, outdoorsman & cross country runner; played by Adam (Feral Wolf by Corvus)
- Stella Jalo, ATO den mother & townie; played by Leanne (Places; Feral Wolf by Chillos)
- Dr. Elaine Litchfield, Professor of Anthropology; played by Jeff (Storyteller Characters; Rookery by Adam)
- Jace Evans, the mysterious one; played by Josh (Timeline; Feral Wolf by Leanne)
- Neena Cosgrove, TA; played by Jamie
- Miles Brovik, only survivor of the Auberdeen pack; played by Chillos (Feral Wolf by Jeff)
- Thomas Michael Craig, stoner & rogue; played by Burt (Essence Expenditures)
Our Dearly Departed
- University Characters: Staff • Faculty • Administration • Fraternities • Students
- Local Characters: City Center • Alameda WestLex • Navy Heights • Greenwood • Warrenton
- Werewolves: Randall Family • Astoria Pack (Astoria, OR) • Cathlamet Bay Pack (Svensen, OR) • Coast Range Pack (Tillamook State Forest, OR) • LaPine Pack (La Pine, OR) • Crater Lake Pack (Crater Lake, OR) • Siuslaw Pack (Siuslaw National Forest, OR)
- Other Shifters: Wereowls
- Hunters: Monk Family
- Witches: Wolfbanner
- Others: Out of Towners • Astoria Basin Wolf Pack • Spirits
- Map: Astoria Map
University of Astoria Campus
- ATO Fraternity House: One of the Greek Row Houses on campus.
- Queer Resource Center: The room in the Student Center dedicated to the University's Gay/Straight Alliance, and as a general resource center for LGBTQ students.
- Athletic Center: Two story building with institutional glass windows. The first floor weight room is where "crazy bloody vandalism" happened.
- University Library: The library is a state of the art learning center with several computers and copious books. There is a heavily secured rare books vault in the basement. Currently there are no books stored here, but there are a couple Ikea sofas. The basement doesn't get cell reception.
- The Quad: A couple people have noticed that the quad is a loci. It seems to be associated with academics and the urge to study, as well as some possibly ghoastly effects. The sapling appears as a large sycamore with book page bark in shadow. It is populated with book shaped birds, scroll shaped snakes, fighting laptops and the Astoria Bandits Racoon mascot spirit.
- Ardorman's Fine Books: An old-fashioned book store that has been given new life by the University.
- Wet Dog Cafe: A brew-pub known for its beers and burgers.
- The Crossroads: Nightclub and bar; a favorite gathering place for university students.
- Kaffe: The small coffee shop closest to the University and open twenty-four hours (a rarity in Astoria).
- Drina Daisy: A little known Bosnian Restraunt tucked between the eclectic commercial street shops. Volf took Stella on a date here.
- Blue Ocean Thai: "That Thai place Elaine likes"
- Bank of Astoria: This historic turn of the century bank is one of the city's praised historical buildings. Aside from having a small working bank the top floors boast a large elaborate two story ballroom that is rented out for events, such as the Fall Formal
- Warner's Former Loft: The loft where Warner Pelt used to live, located above the Dollhouse hair salon.
- Elaine's House: The newly-purchased home of Dr. Elaine Litchfield.
- Columbia House Condos: Fine condos overlooking the Columbia River, one of which is owned by Neena Cosgrove.
- '"Pilot House Art Gallery'" Ground floor art gallery and luxury living space
- Bonfire Clearing: A clearing Warner found and set up with a large fire pit in the university-owned woodlands east of campus.
- Old Ranger Station: In the forest behind the college there is a small ranger station. It has two small rooms and a closet stocked with emergency preparedness gear.
- The Old Wolf Glade: An old elm tree, in whose roots past generations of wolves have made their dens. A known locus.
- The Astoria Reservoir 2: A water reservoir. A known locus.
- The House of Running Water: The Randall House, and "den" for the Astoria Pack.
- Gunner's Gym: An old boxing gym out by the industrial docks that has started training some of its patrons in MMA styles of fighting.
- Old Ojala Cannery Warehouse: An old warehouse where three members of Volk's pack holed up with some of their kidnap victims. It has recently become an underground fight club.
- The Dive: A small nautical themed bar just off the Docks. The decor seems as if it hasn't been updated since the 1970s, but it has cheap beer and fish and chips, making it a decent place to grab a drink.
- Youngs River Lofts: An old warehouse that has been divided into two swanky three story lofts. These are one of the properties owned by the Dean of Students. Jace has been temporarily gifted one of these by her to allow them easy access to eachother.
- The Rain Maid: A luxurious yacht.
- Columbia Memorial Hospital: Astoria's only hospital, serving both Astoria and Warrenton.
- Stella's Home: The small house that abuts the woods that Stella owns. Though she only lives there part-time, her son Jarod lives there as well.
- Cartwright Recuperative Clinic: A private recuperative clinic that caters primarily to veterans.
Chronicle Resources & References
- Season Two: Earthquakes & Lightning
- Research Topics
- The Randall Books - Currently lost.
- Neona's Mentorship: What Neona of the Crater Lake Pack is offering to teach.
- Needed Characters: No extra characters needed right now.
- WoD Merits: Current Roster: Library (• - •••) and Quick Healer (•• or ••••)
- WoD Health Levels: House rule regarding World of Darkness Health Trait.
- Natural Healing: Recovery from injuries in the World of Darkness, including information on medical care. Includes the Quick Healer Merit.
- WoD Research: System for researching the lore of the World of Darkness.
- Tracking by Scent: System governing the use of scent-based tracking.
- WoD Conditions: Conditions for the World of Darkness.
- WoD Tilts: Tilts for the World of Darkness.